habs-hampton - (Jim Bob)Member since August 16, 2008
Habs fan since: 1968
Favorite current player: Josh Georges
All-time favorite player: Jean Belliveau
- Comment on About last night … (2015-03-25 08:11:29)
You obviously didn't watch last nights game.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-03-25 07:40:53)
Statistically speaking, would P.K. have been better off letting the guy go in on the breakway in OT? I would think the odds of Price stopping the breakaway are much higher that the odds of preventing a goal on a 2 minute 4-on-3. Just something think about in this new world of advanced analytics.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-15 08:57:15)
Can someone explain to me why nate got an extra 10 minutes for the Clarkson fight? I think it is automatic with the instigator penalty,but then i don't understand why Clarkson didn't get an instigator penalty when he obviously picked a fight with Prust? The only thing this tells me is that the only fights where they give out 2 fighting majors with no other penalties are staged fights. Am I missing something???
- Comment on Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Sekac, Gilbert healthy scratches for Habs (2015-02-13 17:19:01)
I want to see Max come off the half-wall like Kovy used to do and rip some shots under the crossbar! If he starts doing that, then PK will get some better looks at the net.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-13 10:11:51)
Actually his decision to try and pass AFTER his shot was blocked was a worse play. He should have tried to freeze it or dump it behind the net. He left himself caught way up ice as the Oilers broke out. Oh well, he had a bad period... it happens... He's still one of our most valuable players.
- Comment on Oilers vs. Canadiens preview: Tokarski will start in goal for Habs (2015-02-12 12:51:07)
On Price taking a therapy day, I kind of wondered at the time, that on Giroux's breakaway in the first period, that Price looked like he hurt something. He shook it off, but I though t he might of pulled a muscle or something.
- Comment on Flyers vs. Canadiens preview: de la Rose will centre Habs’ fourth line (2015-02-10 11:46:51)
Its great that DD was named 3rd star... he had a great week. But its pretty obvious that the 3 stars are based solely on statistics, or else Weise would have been the guy. On another subject, is there any NHLer out there that passes as poorly as Gilbert. His passes are never on the tape, and even if he doesn't turn the puck over himself, he causes his teammates to do it with hard to catch passes. Early in the year, I think he was big reason why Beaulieu struggled. with poor passes hanging NB out to dry.
- Comment on About this afternoon …. (2015-01-31 19:54:59)
And on another note, I wonder how Mike Richards is enjoying the party scene in Manchester? The Kings sure aren't showing him much respect!
- Comment on About this afternoon …. (2015-01-31 18:47:16)
Matt Kalman (twitter in Boston) says "I haven't check the stats, but I can't imagine anyone had a better January than Tuuka Rask." I can think of someone.
- Comment on About this afternoon …. (2015-01-31 18:44:19)
I love hockey, but I watch 82 habs games a year plus a handful of other games if I find time. Sorry Rogers, but i'm not interested in the Sens playing Florida or Buffalo no matter how many channels you put it on. Your marketing and research department should all be fired.