habs-hampton - (Jim Bob)Member since August 16, 2008
Habs fan since: 1968
Favorite current player: Josh Georges
All-time favorite player: Jean Belliveau
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-22 07:55:58)
I agree, and anyway, picking players apart is OUR job! ;)
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 14:04:50)
Too bad Robinson has grandkids and lives in California.
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 14:03:39)
I'm not being a Smart***, this is a serious question. Why is it in Montreal, the only way you can learn to play center is to NOT play center? You have to learn to play on the wing first. Do all other organizations do this as well? I don't see it. At what point do you just tell Galenchuk "you're a center, now go do your job". He'll make mistakes, but that's how you learn.
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-03 12:22:06)
Maybe they can remove that horrible NYR-MTL scoreboard and replace it with the Genie scoreboard?
- Comment on (AUDIO) Habs sign Markov to three-year contract; Burns named to Hall of Fame (2014-06-23 15:23:43)
Why are we so cautious about bringing up d-men in this organization. Beaulieu is ready... period. Tinordi is ready as well. Yes, they will make mistakes, but everyone does. At this stage in their careers, they will learn faster in Mtl than in Hamilton. Its time to make room for them.
- Comment on Habs trade Leblanc to Ducks; Therrien gets four-year contract extension (2014-06-14 15:56:02)
And Timo's head just exploded!!! Cheer up Timo, just remember, this time last year, Vancouver signed Torts for 5 years!
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-03 11:43:00)
WooHoo!! I get to see all 41 games and playoffs!
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-03 11:41:30)
If I was an RFA in Florida, I would find I would find it very difficult to have an honest negotiation with the team. If I'm making $2M a year and want $3M, then I'm asking the team to layoff 10 people who need jobs, just to give me a raise. What a joke of a team. Good luck attracting UFA's this summer. I can't imagine Gerard Gallant wants to be a Head Coach THAT bad! And Gary won't let us have a 2nd team in Quebec or Ontario???
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-03 11:34:27)
Based on what I'm seeing in the playoffs and whet I believe the future will be, I wouldn't draft anyone who isn't an elite skater. The future is speed, and if you can get a big guy who skate, even better. I don't want to see a team of McCaron's, even if his skating has improved.
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-03 11:26:14)
I'm not a doctor, or a medical professional, but isn't it obvious that the NHL "Protocol" regarding evaluation in the quiet room useless?? I'm not sure what testing is done, but shouldn't the protocol include evaluating the minutes between the incident and the time he enters the quiet room. If you blacked out or are skating like Bambi to the bench or a teammate needs to hold you up, then I can't believe anyone could allow that player to pass a concussion test. There is too much pressure on players and teams to keep the lineup intact for the rest of the game. Like Shane said here a few days ago, a concussed player is in no position to judge his own condition. So what if 15 years from now, Dale Weisse sues the NHL and Montreal Canadiens organization. That image of PK holding Weisse up is all I need to se if I'm on the jury.