habs-hampton - (Jim Bob)Member since August 16, 2008
Habs fan since: 1968
Favorite current player: Josh Georges
All-time favorite player: Jean Belliveau
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-11 09:40:08)
Thanks Cal and Ronn!
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-11 09:24:00)
Need some help here guys. We have some tickets here at our office for a raffle. We don't actually have them in our hands yet, but they are for Nov. 15 against Philly. They are in the Whites, that's all we know. What is the approximate face value of each ticket?
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 21:22:46)
A lot of talk about how PK is now the highest paid D-man, and now he has to be a Norris finalist every year. Now he may end up being the best d-man in the league, but all this contract means is that he is the best Dman whose contract had expired this year. The only way that the best guy gets the most money every year, is if everyone signs 1-year deals. both sides sign long-term contracts to protect themselves. By the time PK's 8th year rolls around he might be the best player in the NHL, but is only the 20th highest paid player.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 21:16:54)
Habs have 23 guys signed, and are only 10th in total salary, $2.5M from ceiling. Business as usual. The only difference from other years is that they now have a legitimate super-star being paid like one. I know, Carey is a superstar as well, but he signed before the last CBA, so its different.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 19:35:12)
I can't imagine any way the Habs win a trade like that, when the other knows MB has to make a deal.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 19:32:52)
I say fire Meehan and bring Mr. Subban in.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 19:28:47)
Obviously none of us know what happened in the meeting or before. I for one, hope we never find out. I'm hoping that both PK and MB keep it quiet, and both sides will respect the other for doing that. Most people here seem to blame MB, and I imagine he'll take the blame even if Meehan was the real problem. And lets hope PK respects that. Maybe MB and PK can sneak away from the lawyers, go for a walk in old Montreal and come back with a signature.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 19:15:21)
How do you know an offer like that wasn't on the table and Meehan turned it down?
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 13:14:42)
48 hours to decide??? It took me 48 seconds to do (5.25 + 8.5) /2 = 6.875. She may round it up to 7.
- Comment on Subban, Habs submit salary figures; Lacroix new assistant coach (2014-07-31 12:20:19)
What's kind of lost in the PK salary debate is "what are you basing his new salary on?". Are you paying him for what he has already done (ala Heatley), or on what he potentially will do (ala Alex Daigle)? Its always risky both ways, but I feel that PK is worth 7 based on the past and 9.5 if its over 8 years. The risk of PK turning into a Wade Redden is very small. Pay the man!