Oleg Lupien - (Drazen Manojlovic)Member since March 25, 2014
Habs fan since: 1974
Favorite current player: Gallagher
All-time favorite player: Robinson
- Comment on Therapy day for Habs’ Markov, Emelin and Subban; Pacioretty named NHL’s third star (2014-04-08 10:27:58)
Thank you JF, I'm going to have to improve my research skills.
- Comment on Therapy day for Habs’ Markov, Emelin and Subban; Pacioretty named NHL’s third star (2014-04-08 10:17:09)
Hello Commentariat, I just recently signed up after reading these comments for a couple of years. I've been a Habs fan since 1974, grew up in Hamilton and now live in the Vancouver area. I was just thinking about how if Max gets to 40 goals that he'll be the first Hab in 20 years to do so (with the last being Damphousse). I might be wrong but I think if he does get to 40 then he'll be the 16th Habs player to do so. I love trivia so I tried to name the other 14 players (besides Damphousse) without looking on-line. I was able to get 11 other players and then starting looking on-line and found 3 more. So if you're game, and without looking on-line, who are the 14 players before Damphousse who scored at least 40 as a Hab in one year?
- Comment on Parros, Murray return to Habs lineup vs. Panthers (2014-03-29 13:35:51)
Well played Danno, well played.....
- Comment on Parros, Murray return to Habs lineup vs. Panthers (2014-03-29 13:25:04)
Agree 100%. It is impractical in terms of travel but I love the concept!
- Comment on Parros, Murray return to Habs lineup vs. Panthers (2014-03-29 13:22:29)
I'm willing to sacrifice a domestic animal in worship to the Pagan Gods asking for a Det win. Now don't jinks us by guaranteeing a Habs win - we are not that good.
- Comment on Parros, Murray return to Habs lineup vs. Panthers (2014-03-29 13:19:34)
The NHL is trying to replicate the divisional rivalries of the 80s (i.e., Adams division where Mtl, Que, Bos, Buff and Hartford all played each other in the playoffs). I get it but I wish they didn't. I liked seeding 1 thru 8 and I liked re-seeding after 8 round. I like the variety that that format allows for. Heck I'm probably the only person on the planet that liked the playoff format of the early 80s where the teams were seeded 1-16 and in one year you had Boston play LA in the opening best of 5 round - I loved it! I couldn't care less if the final is east versus west.
- Comment on Parros, Murray return to Habs lineup vs. Panthers (2014-03-29 13:12:19)
8 more points will get us to 99 and that will absolutely guarantee a spot. The most points Det, Col, and Wash can get is 98 (off three of them would have to go 9-0 in their last nine games to get to 98, so we're are in a great spot barring a sudden 5 game pointless streak).
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-25 12:25:38)
I support and endorse this message.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-25 12:22:44)
Hi Scotland - were you responding to me or to JF? Cause I wouldn't bring him back.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-25 12:02:06)
I agree with you that Gionta played exceptionally well last night and that his PK skills are very good and he has surprising quickness. But his offensive skills have deteriorated and I don't see him settling for a 3rd line role with a notable pay cut. I would not describe him as soft, but he is small and the only two small players that should be a Habs' forward going into 2015-16 are Gallagher and DD (not sure where I'd put Pleks in that discussion). Sorry but we can't have 1/3 (which we have now with DD, Gallagher, Briere and Gionta) of our forwards be midgets let alone soft, larger players like Bourque and Vanek.