SlovakHabMember since August 4, 2008
Habs fan since: 1995
Favorite current player: Subban, Price, Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Koivu, Gainey, Beliveau, Roy, Carbonneau.
- Comment on Carey Price back on the ice at Habs’ practice (2015-01-19 23:03:43)
I am not following your logic. It's not like Eric Staal is 5'7 twenty-year-old rookie that didn't want to fight. It was a consensual fight.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Beaulieu provides a breath of fresh air on Habs’ blue line (2015-01-18 21:40:29)
He has been good. But why did the coach start him back to back? It very rarely works. The research has shown that backups have better save % than starters in back to backs. And why did I start him - I was leading comfortably. Oh man...
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Beaulieu provides a breath of fresh air on Habs’ blue line (2015-01-18 21:25:57)
Jaro Halak (yesterday) and Petr Mrazek (today) just clearly prove that you should NEVER start an eastern European goalie on back-to-back games. Especially on my freakin fantasy team!!! Mrazek cost me the round this week.
- Comment on Liveblog: The road W streak ends ugly (2015-01-15 20:09:45)
One more scorer like Pacioretty, with healthy Subban and Price, puts us to the top-5 category in the league, mate. However, Pacioretty himself is one of the best scorers in the league at the moment. Players like him are not easy to find.
- Comment on Liveblog: The road W streak ends ugly (2015-01-15 19:54:34)
The problem is that MT's system is a very, very poor system.
- Comment on Liveblog: The road W streak ends ugly (2015-01-15 18:32:12)
RE: Pre-game reading: Marc Bergevin assesses the Bulldogs It is really reassuring that Mark Bergevin does not judge Lefebvre on his record, but rather on the fact that they play the same amazing system in Hamilton. It's easy to see where would the Habs be without Price's amazing goaltending and Subban/Pacioretty magic. Hamilton-level standings position. Therrien's record is being salvaged by 2-3 of his superstars and a VERY healthy roster. There is no way we'd be in playoff position had we gone through injury problems that have ravaged Pittsburgh or Boston this season. No chance. For me, Therrien is somewhere in the bottom third among the NHL coaches.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Lightning preview (2015-01-06 03:28:25)
What the hell is going on with some fans here? Dissing Timmins for not picking Duclair? Duclair had 50 points in 55 games in his draft year - in the high scoring QMJHL. He is not exceptionally big - 5'11. There is HEAPS of players with this stat line that never make it to the NHL. He was far from a sure fire prospect. It is VERY rare that a player doubles his point production from 50 to 99 points in 1 year's time. Yes, he is looking good but certainly did not look like a sure-fire NHLer and super talent worthy a 3rd pick in 2013.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Devils preview (2015-01-01 23:57:31)
"Canadiens coach Michel Therrien has to be happy with the way the Canadiens have been winning games." I am sorry - what? Our goaltenting SV% has been super high for the past few weeks, while we have been out-shot and out-played more often than not. If MT is really happy with the way we have been Leafing the recent games (like Pat Hickey assumes), then we need a new coach immediately. Please tell me MT will revert to the last year's first round (against Tampa) dominant style of play once the playoffs come again...
- Comment on Liveblog: Galchenyuk hat trick powers Canadiens to third in a row (2014-12-16 22:06:29)
If Chucky scores hattrick per game, he could easily net 246 in a season - if he stays healthy. Hopefully he does, because I expect nothing less from him from now on.
- Comment on Liveblog: Galchenyuk hat trick powers Canadiens to third in a row (2014-12-16 22:03:26)
The kid reminds me of Prust a lot.