SlovakHabMember since August 4, 2008
Habs fan since: 1995
Favorite current player: Subban, Price, Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Koivu, Gainey, Beliveau, Roy, Carbonneau.
- Comment on Liveblog: The losing streak is over (2014-11-20 22:32:40)
In other news, the Leafs are on a one-game winning streak.
- Comment on Liveblog: The losing streak is over (2014-11-20 22:32:12)
I'm glad they broke that long, long one-game losing streak.
- Comment on Canadiens send Jarred Tinordi down to Hamilton, try new look on power play (2014-11-12 20:53:24)
Yeah, of course I have. Reading Bruins blogs (know your enemy) and they ran top 25 under 25 in the offseason, so I did read his profile.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win fifth of six, 3-2 over Colorado (2014-10-18 21:05:41)
he's among the best. and the best Hab: 14 goals on 27 shootouts for 51.9% Subban is career 0 for 3. Strange that Subby doesn't get that many chances. He is an elite stickhandler! PS - Pacioretty is underwhelming 3/16 for 18.8% 8th among active Habs complete stats: http://www.nhl.com/ice/shootoutstats.htm?season=20142015&team=MTL&viewName=shootoutSkaterCareerTotals
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-17 02:58:36)
Gilbert has been really good moving the puck out of the zone. I reckon our defence will be better than last year's one once they glue together. You don't need to block the shots when you move the puck.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one, 6-4 over Boston (2014-10-16 23:15:08)
He already is a strong #3C with some occasional offensive flair. And that's fine, because we have Plekanec, DD and Galchenyuk for the top 2 lines.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one, 6-4 over Boston (2014-10-16 22:58:39)
So who is our next quality two-way 3rd line center with size and skill next season, if you can see Eller leaving?
- Comment on A day off Sunday in Tampa for unbeaten Habs (2014-10-13 08:21:04)
A player that hasn't been praised much but has very pleasantly surprised me is Tom Gilbert. A great acquisition, at a great price tag. He is obviously trusted by the coach as he takes mostly defensive zone starts, yet with Gilbert on ice we have more possession and more shot attempts as the opposition, so far. There is evidence of that. He may not look great on some plays, but overall his numbers look encouraging. Last year, Campbell - Gilbert was FLA's #1 pairing. This year, we have Subban - whoever as a great #1 pairing and Markov - Gilbert as a marginal NHL #1 pairing. Beaulieu will soon grow into a top-4 NHL defenceman, and Weaver, so far, is just as good as Josh Gorges (minus the rants on 24CH). Our defense is elite in the Eastern Conference. If the team stays healthy, we might just go deep again.
- Comment on Will 2015 be the year Habs end Stanley Cup drought? (2014-08-22 00:10:47)
I love the "too small" argument. Never fails to fail.
- Comment on Will 2015 be the year Habs end Stanley Cup drought? (2014-08-21 21:14:24)
Quick prospect update: Reway gets 0+2 in his first Europe Champions League Game, and he also scored in the shootout KalPa Kuopio – Sparta Prague 4:5 (after shootout) (Reway 0+2) highlights: www.youtube.com/watch?v=giYXGhP2FW0