Arrow77 - (Alexandre Rowe)Member since July 26, 2008
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Joe Sakic
- Comment on About this weekend … (2014-03-17 10:56:20)
My major issue with Murray, an issue many people have, is that he doesn't play like the slow skater that he is. There is a place for a slow, physical defenseman in the line-up but he can't be caught deep in the offensive zone as often as he is. He has no offensive skills to speak off and his big hits are meant to be done in the defensive zone where he can get back into the play in time. The blown coverage, the turnovers,... He's an NHL defenseman so stuff like that have to happen but he has to learn to keep it simple. Otherwise, he will always be a player that's more useful after the whistle than before.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-02-07 06:40:24)
That's not thinking it through, that's over-thinking. He is one of the league's top scorer, therefor he is a dominant force. Most players have weaknesses. Patches is just good enough to make up for his.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-02-07 06:33:54)
I'm a big Plekanec fan but this is just completely insane. You're talking about one of the top scorers in the league.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 51 – Canadiens drop third in a row, 4-1 to Detroit (2014-01-24 20:18:04)
I think it's time for Prust to skip a game. He is simply not efficient.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 51 – Canadiens drop third in a row, 4-1 to Detroit (2014-01-24 20:11:33)
Good play by Leblanc.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 51 – Canadiens drop third in a row, 4-1 to Detroit (2014-01-24 20:05:15)
It's easier at 5-on-3.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-23 10:17:09)
Not having a ready to replace him right now isn't that important because we're not one or two player away from being a cup contender. I would keep Markov if I could but he's on the decline and might not be able to handle that much minutes for very long(assuming he still can right now, which is debatable). I love him but signing him is dangerous.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-23 10:10:18)
I'm sorry but that defense is so generic, it would literally protect any coaches taking any decisions whatsoever. Don't you think there is a better way to judge the coach of a mediocre team than to close your eyes for 3-4 years? He has players to coach right now and we can see if they play well for him or not. And the "none of the moves Bergevin made will hurt the team long term" defense has some limits(other than the Desharnais contract). He's not paid to not hurt the team, he's paid to make it better. None of the "stopgap" moves that he made have stopped any gap.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 50 – Penguins chase Price, rout Canadiens 5-1 (2014-01-22 19:47:44)
Interference on Douglas Murray. That has to be the dumbest penalty ever taken, lol.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 50 – Penguins chase Price, rout Canadiens 5-1 (2014-01-22 19:43:41)
My guess would be Guy Boucher. I don't expect Therrien to be fired this year though. We always wait the third year before we fire a coach.