howiemorenz7 - (Howie Morenz)Member since March 5, 2014
Habs fan since: 1930
Favorite current player: PK
All-time favorite player: Me
Maroons Suck. #7 foreva.
- Comment on Andrei Markov is Habs’ nominee for Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy (2015-03-30 15:22:10)
I like and admire Markov, but look forward to the day he drops to a 3 or 4 or 5/6. He's a huge part of the power play problem as well, nobody's worried about him, his shot or passing is average at best, so they focus on PK and the guys down low. Markov was a great player on a bad team, and is a good player on this team, but that's it.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens complete season sweep of Canes (2015-03-19 22:46:29)
Nice win, I must say, much as I don't like MT and his system, I do like the fact that we win games more often than not, sure beats the Cunneyworth year (and many before that). And man, the future is even brighter, Pateryn, he has arrived. Sad that Matthew Wuest, founder of Capgeek, died of colon cancer today. While his age wasn't given, he doesn't look much over 40. Boys, get yourselves checked sooner than later. I know of what I speak (I was a lucky one).
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Islanders preview: Pateryn in lineup for Habs while Gonchar expected to sit out (2015-03-13 15:02:38)
PLEASE bring in Babcock. He's a McGill boy. He knows a few words of French. Good enough. He'll be like a soccer coach in Europe, a few key words, leave the rest to someone else. Only problem is we traded away a guy that Babs would have loved in Jiri Sekac. But PLEASE...
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens blow lead, torched by Sens (2015-03-12 22:06:47)
Well after six games or so, it's safe to say that Bergie's deadline day (including Sekac) was an unmitigated disaster. Add to that his blind loyalty to his boy Therrien, and we're looking at a first round exit. This team is rudderless and confused, looks nothing like a playoff team, looks a lot like the Leafs, frankly. Maroons Suck. #7 foreva.
- Comment on Senators vs. Canadiens preview: Parenteau back in Habs lineup (2015-03-12 14:07:13)
Personally, I think PA is washed up, BUT, even then, anything is an improvement over the Flyin' Flynn. Maroons Suck. #7 foreva.
- Comment on Carey Price or Sidney Crosby as No. 1 draft pick today? (2015-03-09 12:58:25)
Thank the Baby Jesus that Minnesota took Pouliot ahead of Carey. Maroons Suck. #7 foreva.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens are 0-for-California (2015-03-05 00:18:13)
Well there is still one big change Bergie can make ... but of course he won't ditch his buddy Mike ... but if they are serious about a Cup run, they need to do SOMETHING other than picking up scraps from last place teams and ditching talent like Sekac. Maroons Suck. #7 foreva.
- Comment on About last night … (short west-coast edition) (2015-03-03 09:31:36)
I can handle the one game stinker. The next two will tell a bigger story. If they repeat this in Ana and LA, we have a mighty problem on our hands, and it's too late to fix it. As for Flynn and Mitchell, they were two invisible Sabres all year, let's not hold our breath. Maroons Suck. #7 foreva.
- Comment on Jack Todd: Canadiens could win the Stanley Cup (2015-03-01 22:54:02)
Did something I shoulda done months ago, checked out Michael McCarron in Oshawa. He strikes me as a very tall skilled centre, who loves to handle the puck in traffic, is awesome along the boards and behind the net, has a powerful wrist shot (never saw a slapper), good face-off guy, PK guy, lots of tools. Downside: plays like a 5'11" centre, not the 6'5" centre or winger that he is. He looks like he can add 20-30lbs of muscle, seems kinda bambi-like. A year in the Hammer playing Habs-style hockey should shape him into a pretty impressive force. I truly hope they don't deal him. Maroons Suck. #7 foreva.
- Comment on Liveblog: Rookie De La Rose bags pair as Canadiens beat Columbus (2015-02-26 21:49:40)
Mike: DSP is a right winger. Chucky is a left winger (although he really is a centre, but I digress). Let them play their wings. Pas compliqué. Maroons Suck. #7 foreva.