TorontoHabsFan - (THF)Member since July 10, 2008
Habs fan since: birth or shortly thereafter. French Dad - 'nuff said ;)
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Beliveau.
- Comment on Habs listed at 25-1 odds to win Stanley Cup (2013-07-30 13:53:37)
It's a gamble that didn't seem necessary. And the asking price was two very serviceable parts that could have been used for more pressing matters (like a top pairing defensive defenceman or maybe a legit first line centre). Not to mention that they're basically inviting a winter of goalie controversy in the hockey media capital. Didn't make sense to me, but outside of re-signing Gunnarson...nothing that team did this year does.
- Comment on Habs listed at 25-1 odds to win Stanley Cup (2013-07-30 13:48:41)
Yay, I got a comment from Little Miss Sunshine!
- Comment on Habs listed at 25-1 odds to win Stanley Cup (2013-07-30 13:47:07)
That was me. He was tied for 7th in Save Pecentage. That's one of the best in the league.
- Comment on Habs listed at 25-1 odds to win Stanley Cup (2013-07-30 13:24:47)
Down Goes Brown's take on the Leafs' offseason (spoiler alert - he's not impressed) http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/69866/how-bad-has-torontos-offseason-been
- Comment on Habs listed at 25-1 odds to win Stanley Cup (2013-07-30 13:11:26)
I'm really high on Frattin - I can see him scoring 40-45 pts in LA. I agree, if Bernier pans out, then it was a good deal. But I really see a winter filled with goalie controversy in Toronto. (Not that I mind all that much!)
- Comment on Habs listed at 25-1 odds to win Stanley Cup (2013-07-30 13:08:43)
In other words - we won't win anything and it will all be the fault of a couple of our 3rd and 4th line wingers and our bottom two defencemen.
- Comment on Habs listed at 25-1 odds to win Stanley Cup (2013-07-30 12:33:52)
Dumping Grabovski in favour of Bozak was madness. Giving that contract to Clarkson (who has only ever scored 40 pts once in his career) was lunacy. Trading Frattin for Bernier when Reimer was one of the best goalies in the league last season (and truthfully was the only reason that team made the playoffs) was befuddling. Keeping Liles as a top 4 defenceman is an absurdity. Replacing Komorov with Bolland was an expensive wash. That team needed only to do two thing this off season - fire Carlyle and find a top pairing defensive defenceman (Bouwmeester would've done nicely). Now he has to hope and pray that Kadri takes a huge leap forward or they're screwed.
- Comment on Habs listed at 25-1 odds to win Stanley Cup (2013-07-30 12:00:21)
Oh man, if you think he made some good moves then you need to go over to Pension Plan Puppets - they're almost suicidal over how badly he's messed up the team.
- Comment on McCarron signs entry-level contract, off to Knights; Duffy signs with ‘Dogs (2013-07-11 17:00:27)
Does anybody remember who was on Bourque's line before his concussion?
- Comment on Duffy, Leblanc shine as curtain falls on Habs development camp (2013-07-08 20:13:54)
I still have power, but it seems like every underpass is flooded (both by the lake and up on the Davenport plateau). Another 50mm expected in the next few hours.