toinz - (Anthony Di Domizio)Member since July 10, 2008
Habs fan since: 1990
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on Habs’ Eller back at practice; Galchenyuk moves back to wing (2014-09-27 17:23:26)
I'm kind of tired of people underestimating Tomas Plekanec. He is our most effective offensive centre, and our best defensive centre as well. Pairing him with a creative playmaker like Chucky and a worker bee Gally will put a lot of pressure on coaches that match lines. If Bourque Eller and Sekac can do some damage on the scoresheet against the opposition's weakest lines, we are potentially headed for an even better year than last year.
- Comment on Preseason Game 3: Bulldogs edge Avs in QC (2014-09-27 11:37:37)
I saw a bunch of players working their tails off to impress the coaching staff. This is a sign of good things to come!
- Comment on Few Habs regulars making trip to Quebec City to face Avalanche (2014-09-26 12:59:54)
Bruins have about 2 and a half million of space after Savard's contract is factored in.
- Comment on Few Habs regulars making trip to Quebec City to face Avalanche (2014-09-26 12:58:54)
Mike O'Connell drafted all the players. Apart from the Kessel trade, Chiarelli has done practically nothing. He is a dope. :)
- Comment on Few Habs regulars making trip to Quebec City to face Avalanche (2014-09-26 12:43:39)
There are some rumblings in Beantown about the Bruins missing Reilly Smith and Torey Krug for training camp. What a horribly bungled situation in Boston. Chiarelli is a dope.
- Comment on Few Habs regulars making trip to Quebec City to face Avalanche (2014-09-26 12:24:03)
The Christian Thomas situation intrigues me I get a sense that he is another Brendan Gallagher. They are the same age, and our smurf quotient is full. Gallagher is the better player at the moment and probably going forward. That being said, it's hard to get value in a trade for an undersized player when they aren't playing in the NHL. What can a GM do if they think they have a real asset there?
- Comment on Canadiens separate contenders from pretenders at camp (2014-09-25 10:21:53)
My roommate is a Leafs fan and he was raving all about Nylander over breakfast. I know not to put too much weight into pre-season or 18 year old players. I just muttered Nazem Kadri and Luke Schenn as I ate my cereal... Has anyone seen Nylander play? Will he score plenty of goals against us?
- Comment on Canadiens separate contenders from pretenders at camp (2014-09-25 07:48:25)
I think it would be for a draft pick, maybe even a late pick just so Bergevin can get the capspace. Sabres have a slew of them. Calgary and Edmonton have space and Moen is from SK. Teams want to know what they are starting the season with before making any real roster moves, so it's all window-shopping for now.
- Comment on Canadiens separate contenders from pretenders at camp (2014-09-25 07:35:35)
For everyone that says Moen is untradeable, how many people thought Brian Gionta would get 3 years and 4.25 million a year? There are lots of dance partners out there, Bergevin will find one.
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-30 10:36:54)
Cherry was instrumental in the no-touch icing rule being implemented. Mostly, he points out things that drive coaches crazy, like missed defensive assignments, bad positioning, and simple offensive hockey, like "throw the puck at the net". Look at all the ex-coaches on Anti-Chambre and tell me how what they contribute is different than what you listed. We hate Cherry because he's a Leafs homer, but when he talking about hockey, he's right most of the time. I would also prefer if he didn't shill for right-wing politicians, but that's neither here nor there.