toinz - (Anthony Di Domizio)Member since July 10, 2008
Habs fan since: 1990
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-09 08:31:42)
When the goalie is good, you have to aim for the post! That's why Rene Bourque scored so much on Anders Lindback! Bruins will still be going with younger D mixed with slowing down aging D. They missed Seidenberg alot last year, as he makes Chara better and does a lot for the 4mil cap hit. Even without Iginla, a Top 6 of Lucic Krejci Smith Erikson Bergeron Marchand is not that bad. With Rask, they will still get 100 points.
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-09 08:17:25)
There were rumblings that the Bruins were looking at moving Marchand. I imagine they could still get a top6 forward for him and maybe a lower cap hit to try and sign the other two guys.
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-09 08:11:30)
Thanks for the clarification, and for the link! It's too bad that Chiarelli wasn't hurt more by his boneheaded decision to go 4.5 over the cap with bonuses last year. The damage seems to only be the loss of Iginla. Hobie, they have 3.2 million of space to sign Krug and Smith, which isn't much, and would require a bad bridge contract. From what I read in the CBA, if the players can get a 1 yr deal, they would be able to negotiate something better next year.
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-08 20:04:17)
It turns out, and I have to eat some crow here, that those coming off entry-level contracts cannot sign offer sheets. So Krug and Smith, coming out of college are both coming off their entry level deals and cannot sign an offer sheet. This makes me sad, and happy because the Habs have 5 such contracts next year and all 5 will not have any possibility of being offer sheeted. The Bruins will likely be able to keep both, although I wonder how many years they'd be willing to sign for at low salaries. (Bs have 3.2 mil combined for both players)
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-08 18:37:04)
The backward logic of the day award goes to... "If you take out the crazy winning streak Montreal had earlier in the season (9-0-1), Montreal was playing .500 hockey all year (25-22-7). Bergevin made the Vanek acquisition and the team finished strong (12-6-1). Will Montreal be a .500 team or a threat in the East?" You know, if I take out the Bruins 12 game winning streak they would be an average team too. If I remove the DD 17-game slump from the beginning of the year, he's Tyler Seguin. Im gonna remove 29 games of the season arbitrarily and criticize any team! /facepalm
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-08 18:14:07)
That guy in Boston can still be offer sheeted!
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 15:50:40)
I think a few people owe Marc Bergevin an apology.
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-27 10:37:38)
like most high school students, the real delay in many of these situations is a real deadline. The arbitration hearing is a perfect example. How many guys ever get to a hearing? Expect a deal Thursday.
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-27 10:33:21)
Shea Weber (by Phi) Ryan O'Reilly (By Calgary) Ryan Kesler (Philly again) Nick Hjalmerson (SJ) Dustin Penner (Edmonton) Thomas Vanek (Edmonton) David Backes (Vancouver) That's all since the previous lockout, so yeah, one or 2 per decade. There might be more. These are just the ones I remember. "Pissing off" not really. You're forcing Boston to move a roster player, making them weaker. The Hjalmerson offer sheet allowed the Sharks to get Niemi when the Hawks could no longer afford him. Vanek making 7 million in Buffalo handcuffed the Sabres for a while as they were a low spending team. Weber's contract severely hampered the Preds as it was very frontloaded. Not a wasted comment at all. Montreal should definitely offer sheet Smith. He would give the team great depth. I am just sure the Bruins would not allow Montreal to get their hands on him. FWIW, I was never afraid of a PK offer sheet because it would be insta-matched.
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-27 09:50:09)
There is a difference between a 7 million dollar cap hit and a 10 million dollar cap hit. If this was pre-salary cap, I'd say break the bank! A GM needs to maximize every cap dollar.