twocents - (Eric )Member since June 24, 2008
Habs fan since: 1972
Favorite current player: Andrei Markov (others: Alex Galchenyuk, P.K. Subban, Max Pacioretty, Lars Eller, Alexei Emelin)
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson (others: Ken Dryden, Saku Koivu)
- Comment on New Hab Bryan Allen will be in the lineup against Bruins (2014-11-22 14:47:36)
I am also among said few.
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-22 12:56:27)
Yeah! Good one. By the looks of his tantrums, probably punching a wall.
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-22 12:35:47)
In light of Lucic's possible wrist injury, Subbie's moves in the last game seem far less fooloish. Great time to poke the bear.
- Comment on Liveblog: The losing streak is over (2014-11-20 22:48:35)
Measure that, we don't stand a chancers!
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Brandon Prust is Habs’ tough big brother (2014-11-16 15:12:13)
Good to know I left some sort of legacy around here. I did miss it being mentioned. Yep, Chris, Steve and I could go back and forth endlessly back then. Good discussions though. I also miss my battles with Bugs. He hated being backed into a corner, would kick and scream, but he would just ask for it sometimes. I did see you getting props for posting meaningful, timely and informative comments recently. Well deserved!
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Brandon Prust is Habs’ tough big brother (2014-11-16 12:58:21)
Hi Frank, how are you? Boy is the team playing well the last stretch. The have all their elements working. The Emelin grandstanding really gets under my skin. Sure he makes mistakes. But, considering what he brings to the game, if he didn't, he be paid more. Hjalmarsson is a comparable player in Chicago, makes the same money, plays the same minutes. Emelin hits more, blocks more shots, has less give aways, he only has less takeaways. I also think Alexei has more offensive acumen, which I think we will see more now that he is on his natural side.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Brandon Prust is Habs’ tough big brother (2014-11-16 12:29:27)
That was a good "About Last Night " today. But it missed a certain je ne sais quoi... perhaps it's the part where Boone explains to us that Emelin is really just a 5/6 defenceman and not worth his salary.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens trounce Bruins for fourth in a row (2014-11-13 22:54:55)
He played well last game too. Sure he made mistakes, every defencemen does, but confirmation bias rules here and blows everything out of proportion.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens trounce Bruins for fourth in a row (2014-11-13 22:46:15)
Ah come on, just for kicks let's have a round of moaning about Emelin and the d in general. Let's go maestro, kick it off with a hardy whinge. It is what's done best around here. Beautiful run of games. Total team effort these last two.
- Comment on Habs recall Bournival from Hamilton; battle for jobs on fourth line (with practice video) (2014-10-21 08:34:43)
So how do scouts see players with their own eyes if they are not playing? Of course coaches make line up decisions 99℅ of the time.