twocents - (Eric )Member since June 24, 2008
Habs fan since: 1972
Favorite current player: Andrei Markov (others: Eric Cole, P.K. Subban, Max Pacioretty, Lars Eller, Alexei Emelin)
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson (others: Ken Dryden, Saku Koivu)
- Comment on Habs going for fifth straight win against Sabres (2013-12-07 15:12:47)
Regarding Jagr, I tend to agree with Steve. I don't think he'd be a great fit. His presence would demand someone sit and in the event that we are healthy come playoff time, I don't see that as a good thing, given current team chemistry. Looking at obvious sellers and focusing on rental types, I'd prefer a player like a Ryan Smyth, Matt Stajan, Brad Boyes, or Marcel Goc. Basically a player who can pot some goals, not add to our vertically challenged ranks, play a role, but who can be sat without causing a fuss. On D, a solid third paring guy who can move up to second pair when needed would be ideal. Someone again with decent size, but no need for a giant. Tallinder would be nice or Shultz would do. I would prefer to lose a second tier prospect or 2nd-3rd rounder for these players rather than mess with the Nhl lineup. However, I would consider getting a slighter better forward, in the 28-32 year old range, with a mind to a few years service, and give up more, including a roster player, if the price was reasonable. I could see some need to change our forwards up a bit next year, but on D I think long term investments would be a mistake given the need to graduate some of our prospects next year. This might be the time to use or organizational depth in a productive way, instead of some desperate attempt to simply make the playoffs. And, I'd make the move soon or in early January to avoid last minute prices.
- Comment on Parros, Murray join Habs teammates for practice (2013-10-25 22:48:37)
Thanks for the heads up, Frank.
- Comment on Parros, Murray join Habs teammates for practice (2013-10-25 22:47:29)
- Comment on Parros, Murray join Habs teammates for practice (2013-10-25 21:23:51)
Likewise, Frank. I still peruse the comments every now and then. Make a point of reading yours, Mark C above, JF below, and the odd other poster. It seems Steve has packed it in, though.
- Comment on Parros, Murray join Habs teammates for practice (2013-10-25 21:11:23)
The line is thin. Just as Nigel Tufnel and David St. Hubbins noted with regard to the line between stupid and clever. It's just that little turn about.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-21 09:05:46)
Remember this spring/summer when a bunch of folks shat all over Seth Jones when a photo of him looking a little lumpy was posted? Even though it was pointed out that a similar shot of Emelin posted a few years ago led some to predict he would be a waste, only to have him immediately prove his value on the ice, several still persisted. I wonder if this type of skilled, knowledge0-based punditry will persist going forward.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-21 08:59:00)
Pardon me then, carry on. :)
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-21 08:48:26)
Scotty Bowman often dressed a 7 D line-up.
- Comment on Drewiske out five to six months following shoulder surgery (2013-10-17 11:24:46)
: o )
- Comment on Drewiske out five to six months following shoulder surgery (2013-10-17 11:00:16)