davecessnaMember since May 13, 2008
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player: Jarome Iginla
All-time favorite player: Without a doubt, Mario Lemieux
- Comment on Habs’ Therrien not among Jack Adams Award finalists (2013-05-18 11:16:19)
Good point, I've always wondered how the hell Pittsburgh is going to hold on to that team with a reduced salary cap. Still, the way to build these days is not through free agency, it's through years of tanking/draft building. It doesn't always work; just ask the Oilers.
- Comment on Eller/Habs meet with media for final time this season (Video) (2013-05-12 09:24:33)
Ask yourself seriously, are any of those players or combination of those players worth a first round pick?
- Comment on Eller/Habs meet with media for final time this season (Video) (2013-05-12 09:23:51)
We could try drafting a goalie this year. Maybe it will up the pressure on Prince Price.
- Comment on GM Bergevin to hold press conference on Monday (2013-05-10 15:58:03)
I'm sorry, but I don't see how this team is going to be any better next year. The beatings they took throughout the end of the season and the playoffs will kill their confidence going in to next season because they illustrate the lack of "what have you" argument. I'm going to say it again like I did last year, they need to tank hard for at least 3-4 years and draft *well*. See Pittsburgh, Chicago, etc. Once we have our nucleus, we follow their examples to continue remaining competitive. The bandwagon fans will all fall off, but we could draft a powerhouse here. Trevor Timmins is an amazing scout. Nothing is set in stone, but I give it our best chance to ever win a Cup again. Bottom line: We are not competitive right now. We overachieved (again) like crazy this season through 40 games. Then, as we're called around the conference, the "mouthy midgets" got taken down several pegs.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 5 – Senators end Canadiens season (2013-05-09 10:23:49)
Honestly? Go out there boys and have fun. There has never been less pressure on a Montreal team in the playoffs as far as I can remember. What we lack in size, we make up in heart and passion, something I haven't seen in the Canadiens in a very, very long time. Best of luck.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 4 – Canadiens blow 2-0 lead, lose in OT (2013-05-07 22:13:14)
Yeah, this team is still wayyyyyy too soft. 10+ years we've all been saying it. Man do they have heart now though, at least.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 4 – Canadiens blow 2-0 lead, lose in OT (2013-05-07 19:51:02)
- Comment on Liveblog: Senators draw first blood … literally (2013-05-02 22:32:39)
Desharnais* and a lifetime supply of poutine for Huberdeau.
- Comment on Liveblog: Senators draw first blood … literally (2013-05-02 22:28:41)
Self-righteous bullshit. Take a hike.
- Comment on Liveblog: Senators draw first blood … literally (2013-05-02 22:19:38)
Price better consider himself lucky that he has ANY fans left, that includes yourself. The way he played tonight, he did not honour that respect and admiration at all.