marvin20Member since January 28, 2014
Habs fan since: 1985
Favorite current player: prust
All-time favorite player: chris nilan
- Comment on Will 2015 be the year Habs end Stanley Cup drought? (2014-08-21 16:28:09)
based on that logic the same team would win the cup every year.
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-19 22:25:49)
I was at the Bell Centre to see LA vs MTL back in December. Montreal was totally dominated, punished along the boards, and LA crashed into Price at will. The final score was 6-0 LA.
- Comment on Former Hab Ryan White looking for a new team (2014-07-05 10:04:09)
not signing White will come to haunt the Habs, he will be an asset to what ever team signss him. To add to the list he is also a good penalty killer, he fell victim to the numbers game in the playoffs, and did not get a chance. I would have liked to see the habs sign him another year. He is a reliable depth forward.
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-05 08:04:03)
I'm not sure you understand my thinking when it comes to team toughness. It is not all about fighting, or size. If the habs are tough enough with thier current roster, they will be able to punish and wear down teams along the boards. Also other teams will have enough respect for their toughness and not cheap shot or use intimidation as much. That is not going to happen because they are not tough enough
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 19:44:24)
The issue is that we gained no toughness only size. Its not all negative we should have better puck possession. But are they tough enough as a team to fight for the puck along the boards and in the corner, and how will they respond when other team's try intimidation. I think they are missing some team toughness and it will be exsposed eary in the season. Once again just because you have some size does not make you tough. I thought that should be common sense.
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 17:52:32)
People sometimes mix up size with toughness. I would take small skilled players who are tough over larger skilled player who are soft. The tough skilled players will show up in the playoffs and the soft skilled players will vanish. Montreal has increased their size but toughness is a different story.
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 16:54:41)
When Gauthier was there he had no tough players to give away. Other GM's already gave them away
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 16:48:43)
1. nobody wants to goon, or fight not a well worded question. I would ask question 1. would you like more team toughness- my answer Yes 2. MB will hope for some pleasant surprises in training camp, and get an "enforcer" one dimensional player at a last resort, unless he can pull off a trade that brings in a guy who is tough and can play a regular shift. 3. yes but still work to do 4. I hope so that means they will be in the finals, just a couple pieces missing 5. Subban and Prust as co captains
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 16:37:50)
that's the problem they are lacking in team toughness, especially up front and the challenge is addressing the issue without hiring a one dimensional player "enforcer" They have lots of good tough, big prospects coming up. just look at the roster for development camp, its very impressive.
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 16:33:02)
it not all about scrapping. When you are tough nobody challenges you as much, and you have enough confidence to skate away with out backing down