Jay in PA - (Jason Weiss)Member since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: Birth!
Favorite current player: Max Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Picking an all-time favorite player is like picking an all-time favorite wife.
- Comment on Habs sweater ranked No. 1 in North American sports by ESPN.com (2012-08-28 09:29:21)
Thanks for your kind words, Cal. I stopped posting a while ago because I recognized that talking about the team and the game wasn't getting me anywhere. I don't have the analytical acumen of a Leigh Anne Power or the experience and insight of someone who's played the game to add any kind of valuable commentary, and the team certainly isn't listening to me (or this board) for ideas on line combinations or roster moves. I don't like to argue for the sake of argument. So that gives me little to work with here, other than coming in regularly to check on the news. I do miss the fellowship with folks like you and the others from back in the day, though.
- Comment on Habs sweater ranked No. 1 in North American sports by ESPN.com (2012-08-28 07:29:40)
Yes, it was an early scene in the mall, in which two kids are trying to buy concert tickets from Damone. One of the kids is wearing a Canadiens sweater. Nobody asked it, but in case anyone was curious, the real-life mall from the movie was the Sherman Oaks Galleria, in the San Fernando valley. It's been torn down since, replaced by what, I don't know. I was in it in the 90's, but Phoebe Cates was long gone. Sadly.
- Comment on AK46 shockwaves (2011-08-12 14:44:41)
One time, my uncle got me into the dressing room after a game at the old Forum. I got a few good autographs including... Red Fisher. I'll never remember if I actually asked for his autograph or if he just grabbed my pen and the program and scribbled away, but I'm kicking myself for never having that one authenticated.
- Comment on Press review (2008-11-13 17:44:22)
So what do I win for vermetting this post?
- Comment on Press review (2008-11-13 15:09:13)
Remember that Avery bit about Don Cherry wearing Sears catalogs as knee pads?
- Comment on Press review (2008-11-13 12:24:46)
I dunno. I was talking to a woman about going down to block a shot, but she said that she had to check with BG if that was in the rules anymore.
- Comment on Press review (2008-11-13 12:13:28)
Naw. I was riding the bench most of the night.
- Comment on Press review (2008-11-13 11:54:42)
I've actually been there for the 2-on-1 special.
- Comment on Press review (2008-11-13 08:32:27)
I assumed the escort service would be Two Minutes for Hooking, but most towns have at least two such services, anyway. Not that I'd have any reason to know that.
- Comment on Press review (2008-11-13 07:27:31)
I'm trying to make something work with a brothel upstairs called the Dirty Elbow but it's just not coming together.