NcognitoMember since April 29, 2008
Habs fan since: 1970
Favorite current player: Alexei Emelin
All-time favorite player: Peter Mahovlich
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 21:13:14)
I'm in Clermont, outside Kensington. I'm in for some Beers and Hab talk!
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 20:40:40)
Where you at on PEI kevin? I grew up with Turk in the west end of Summerside, school and the Boys and Girls Club.
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 20:39:33)
Where you at on PEI kevin? I grew up with Turk in the west end of Summerside.
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 16:50:22)
Here's a write up on Gerard Gallant from our home town paper... http://www.journalpioneer.com/News/Local/2014-07-21/article-3807539/Turk-Gallant-on-his-long-career-in-hockey/1
- Comment on Eighth HI/O summit planned for Nov. 29th (2014-07-15 22:04:25)
The old Abby! She was in the movie Running Scared with Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-11 18:47:49)
My A list also includes Eller and Emelin. Eller is still young enough and better than any of the prospects at centre. Emelin doesn't get enough credit. He seems to finally be given chance to play the left side so his take outs and hits will be huge this year.
- Comment on Former Hab Ryan White looking for a new team (2014-07-05 12:43:04)
Drafting Lernout didn't help White's 'do' either.
- Comment on Former Hab Ryan White looking for a new team (2014-07-05 12:39:54)
Just think, the Pens took Jordan Staal instead of Toews! Anything we did after that won't look as bad :-). Although Fischer instead of Giroux hurts a bit!
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-02 21:51:53)
Not sure if this has been mentioned on here yet, but with Leafs buyout factored in, Mikhail Grabovski will make an average of $6.791M over the next four seasons. He just may be the smartest player in the league!
- Comment on Habs’ Subban already in gym training for next season; Gorges could be on way out (2014-06-29 20:10:33)
If I'm Buffalo, Winnipeg, Edmonton or one of a few other not so popular places for players to play I would have a team of lawyers looking at sueing the league regarding these no-trade clauses. It seems GM's are handing them out like candy at halloween. If you are one of these less popular destinations that is well under the cap floor and you can't convince top free agents to sign, your other choice is the trade route. But here lies another problem, most top players probaby have a no trade clause to your city. Getting to the cap floor may be possible by taking on bad contracts but when trying to improve your team through a trade you are at quite a disadvantage.