shakey - (Robert)Member since April 28, 2008
Habs fan since: I can remember
Favorite current player: Gorges
All-time favorite player: Yvan Cournoyer
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-06 21:30:52)
Using only past stats as a decision making tool will always lead to reduction ad absurdium. Coaches need room for hunches, gut feel and instinct - and it makes the game more exciting that way.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 14: Road weekend starts with 4-3 loss in Minnesota (2013-11-01 22:04:39)
Why do we need parros again?
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 5: Price brilliant in 4-1 conquest of Canucks (2013-10-13 00:43:18)
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 5: Price brilliant in 4-1 conquest of Canucks (2013-10-12 23:51:11)
Looks like briere is still refusing to play for Montreal.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 4: Canadiens 4 – Edmonton 1 (2013-10-10 21:40:07)
Agree Diaz was brutal last night. Also agree might benefit tinordi to sit.
- Comment on Liveblog: Senators draw first blood … literally (2013-05-02 23:25:32)
Bottom line - Habs played crappy. A lot of shots but not many quality chances - lots from the perimeter, very little net drive (like the Sens 4th), sloppy in their own end at bad times. Love that PK energized the team in the second, but only scoring once on that PP was the difference in the game - we let them off the hook, and we will not win unless we play with more intensity and urgency. Good: PK, Prust, Pleks, Gallys, Bourque, White Bad: Patches, Diaz, and most of the rest, including Price, PK (yes, he was terrible in the 3rd with those long passes and flips to no one - I think three at least went for icing) Awful: DD, Ryder
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Devils (2013-04-23 22:01:11)
The Gomez trade haunts us still. There is nothing we need more right now than a big minute-munching defenseman like Ryan McDonagh. At least we have a lot of defensemen coming up, but unless one of them can grow up in a week to play 20 minutes or more, we may have a short spring.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Penguins (2013-04-17 22:17:12)
Subban needs to chill out and stop hot dogging. When he listened to Therrien at the start of the year and played under the radar, he was awesome. Now he has a target on his back again and he is playing with a chip on his shoulder, meaning he runs around and gets out of position looking for big hits and dumb plays. And Price is in fine pre-season form. He'll wake up again for the playoffs. Opening on the road with a little adversity would be better for the Habs anyway, they need the focus and discipline that would bring.
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Drewiske from Kings (2013-04-02 20:58:52)
Love these moves by Bergeron. He clearly has done his homework and is building both the team and the franchise, unlike other GMs who are building for the short term and the expense of the long term. Lots will happen between now and the playoffs, and anything can happen in the playoffs. GO HABS!!
- Comment on Habs deal Cole to Stars for Ryder (2013-02-26 20:54:07)
I think I have to agree with this, but I hate giving up size and power, especially when it is two areas we sorely lacked last year (although we're not missing it this year I guess). I also liked Cole's leadership last year, something which Ryder doesn't bring. Not sure what happened this year, and no one knows about the dressing room, but giving up size, power (when motivated) and leadership to get back.....goals? lack of foot speed? I guess I'm glad we got a third round pick back, and if it helps with the salary structure, ok then.