dabu - (J. David Butts)Member since December 18, 2013
Habs fan since: I long as can remember - 1965
Favorite current player: Jaromir Jagr
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Liveblog: Buffalo wins again, this time in a Shootout (2014-11-29 20:06:36)
DD. from the slot. forces a pass to a covered man on the outside, which leads to a turn over and Buffalo coming down ice with a man covered softly by, who else, DD, potting a goal. I admire his heart and usual compete level, but the guy must have pictures on MT. Wonder how far down on the pines Eller would be if he had a similar shift?
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Brandon Prust is Habs’ tough big brother (2014-11-16 14:53:37)
Canadiens.com looking for nickname for Eller, Sekac, Prust line. How about The Kreskin Line? Probably dating myself.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-12 05:24:23)
Repost from another board - response to a poster who said couldn't make sense of math re Moen/Gonchar trade and then suggested Gonchar would be playing for old timers next year. "Don't really care, as it won't be the Habs' oldtimers. More likely he will be moved before trade deadline as part of a package (and if he can get PP producing before then, will fetch at least another draft pick.) Finally (definitely part of upside), Bergeron has done Dallas (sounds like his name should be Debbie, but I digress at 01:45 local time) a favour in helping them clear current cap space and sending them a vet who is defensively responsible/actually has a work ethic that partially compensates for diminished skill set. Dallas will not forget, given their problems (all skill; no heart - all hat; no cattle!)"
- Comment on HI/O Show, Episode 3: Canadiens off to their best start since 1977-78 (2014-10-26 13:09:15)
Latest episode never available. For e.g., I can watch Oct 22nd episode now. Am overseas, if that makes a difference.
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-29 02:35:20)
From ESPN Game Report "Washington didn't score after a major penalty to Jarred Tinordi, who was ejected for elbowing unsuspecting Nate Schmidt in the face with his shoulder." Wonder if "elbowing ... with his shoulder" was on purpose?
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-06 03:37:50)
Sympathise, as I live in Eastern Europe and generally have to stay up until 2 to 5 a.m. to watch my beloved Habs (+7 hrs diff.) I've learned to hate the 19:30 EST starts and really detest the special pre-game ceremonies. Not only do they mess with player routines and usually mean for a flat start to the game, they cost me another 20 minutes of beauty sleep!
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-29 09:16:47)
If he'd worn his turtleneck, he wouldn't have another Little Pleky! :)
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-04 16:25:36)
i mentioned Gaborik before he went down with latest injury. Everyone said "made of glass". Still think he would look great in CH uni. On Weaver, have to believe lining up for bigger move. Granted, rightie, but me thinks MT about to move another Dman (or regretting shipping Swiss Maid to Vancouver (Not!))
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, gold-medal game: Canada 3, Sweden 0 (2014-02-23 09:05:56)
Just watchedc a funny Swiss League commercial. Star player gets creamed, coach does nothing. Do over, coach sends out Hanson look alikes. 2nd do over, coach send out a polar bear! Great stuff.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, gold-medal game: Canada 3, Sweden 0 (2014-02-23 09:02:18)
With wheels like these guys have, keep up the sick forecheck. So nice to not have to worry about a sniff of "Kitty Bar the Door".