munch17jr - (Minny Chun)Member since December 18, 2013
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-07 01:37:36)
Seriously. God forbid Boone just admit DD isn't a top 6. Let's drag Plek into this as well. A guy who does absolutely everything asked of him, plays with anyone, doesn't get sheltered and still puts up solid #2 center numbers. This is why I stopped reading this stupid segment. Just wanted to see if he'd finally say something different about DD now that MT finally took him off top line.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-06 00:47:41)
Well said. DD is abysmal. 6 pts in 14 games as your #1 center on the top PP unit. That is pathetic. And yet, people still criticize Eller non-stop. We've seen the best DD can offer - and it's not very good. 50 pts from a #1 center is a joke. And, he's not even performing at that level right now.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Flames preview: Price earns Molson Cup, Therrien juggles lines at practice (with video) (2014-11-02 10:33:18)
Why does it need to be a "duo"? Every other forward has played with two unique linemates (ignoring the 4th line).
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Flames preview: Price earns Molson Cup, Therrien juggles lines at practice (with video) (2014-11-02 10:19:26)
Weise joins the "on the No. 1 line with David Desharnais and Max Pacioretty." WHAT A JOKE.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-11 02:38:29)
Rogieshan - don't understand how you can insult 14. Couldn't agree with Timo's list more, except for #6. If we someone could get off this ridiculous DD bandwagon and let 27 and 81 get confidence as our centers, we could be solid.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-11 02:35:26)
Boone. I'm sorry. It's laughable you'll call out half the team and not our NUMBER ONE LINE CENTER. The guy tries hard, sure. He's a good story, sure. But, he's a top-end AHL level talent being insulated with top-level NHL talent. He is not good. He's been AWFUL in the playoffs. He starts EVERY powerplay and is completely ineffective. We've scored 5 PP goals against Boston - he's been on the ice for one of them despite getting twice the PP minutes as 14. You call out 14? Really? One bad game. The guy has done whatever is asked of him for 13 years with this franchise. 51 is a joke. I'm so frustrated we keep putting this guy out there on the top Pp unit while we scratch a bonafide playoff stud and leave 81 on the 3rd line while he's done nothing but dominate in the playoffs. Complete lack of meritocracy. So frustrating.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-11 02:32:16)
Ya or just play briere in desharnais' spot. The guy has been AWFUL in the playoffs. Let's insulate him with our best wingers.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-23 08:28:01)
We also had 14 on the ice instead of 51...
- Comment on Liveblog: Playoff Game 4 – Pacioretty propels Canadiens to Round 2 (2014-04-22 23:32:52)
Powerplay much effective when 14 out there instead of 51. I know i'm beating a dead horse here, but c'mon.
- Comment on Habs will be going for sweep in Game 4 Tuesday (2014-04-22 09:38:00)
I'm as high on this team right now as the rest of you. However, as habs fan born in the 80s, you'll have to forgive me for bringing up the one clear negative: OUR POWERPLAY IS TERRIBLE. It's one thing to outplay a lightning squad that is missing some key components, but come the Bruins, there is no way we'll be able to compete if our special teams aren't up to the task. If our PP can't score, the Bruins will run all over us. As great a job as MT has done (and I mean it, we've looked really, really good in this series), why can't we make changes to the PP - it sucks :(.