goaliehabsfan - (Rob)Member since December 15, 2013
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs call up Tinordi from Bulldogs (2014-02-23 20:00:40)
I went through your article and didn't see any reports about any fitness measures. Who were the reports from and who were the observers? The average journalist does not have much knowledge in fitness, so if you're relying on their observations about who is fit and who isn't, I wouldn't consider that to be reliable. I don't recall hearing anything about him being out of shape in camp that came from the team. That doesn't mean that he is or isn't, but I would definitely stop short of saying that it is a fact that can't be argued.
- Comment on Habs call up Tinordi from Bulldogs (2014-02-23 18:56:15)
What are you basing his fitness levels on besides the picture of him on the treadmill? The fact that he doesn't look "ripped" in that picture is by no means evidence of him showing up out of shape. Probably unfair to jump to conclusions like that, seeing as the reason he is on the treadmill in that picture is to get a more accurate estimate of his fitness than how he looks with his shirt off. Also I believe he had some shoulder issues leading up to training camp, which could limit his training due to rehab, particularly upper body training, which would explain his appearance.
- Comment on Bourque will return to Habs’ lineup against Coyotes (2013-12-17 13:49:34)
I think white is developing into a great 4th line center. He's good at face offs, on the PK, can drop the gloves when needed (if he's in his own weight class). He may still have some learning to do, but I think as long as that's what your expecting of him, he fulfills his role very well.
- Comment on Bourque will return to Habs’ lineup against Coyotes (2013-12-17 13:35:07)
I don't like the decision to sit White. It's replacing size with size, not to mention removing one of the top face off guys for our team, and an effective penalty killer. I think the 4th line has been pretty effective this season, and don't see a reason to split it up. I'd rather have seen briere taken out of the line up for Bourque. This replaces one of our smallest wingers with some size in our top 9, which is where it's needed. My prediction is that briere ends up on the 4th line by the end of the game making it less effective, while Bourque takes his place in the top 9 anyway.
- Comment on Tired Habs take a break to visit sick kids in hospitals (2013-12-16 18:12:02)
I'm not sure that's enough to prove causality...
- Comment on Tired Habs take a break to visit sick kids in hospitals (2013-12-16 18:03:31)
What does veganism have to do with it?
- Comment on Tired Habs take a break to visit sick kids in hospitals (2013-12-16 17:40:14)
Without adequate recovery time between games, the teams performance is going to suffer. There's no way around that, it's just a fact. How much it suffers though, is where coaching comes into play. I think I remember he scheduled an extra practice in sometime over the last 2 weeks, that was probably a mistake, and a day off to regroup could have made a difference. I also have to wonder about the ice times for different players, with a heavy schedule like the one we've seen, I'd have opted to roll 3 lines more evenly, and try to give the 4th line a larger role. It's not like anyone has been on their game enough to merit extra ice time in the last 4, so why not spread out the load to be better prepared for the next game? So, while fatigue is a legitimate factor in the outcome of the last few games, it's not an excuse for losing. I think MT has mismanaged the team through a rough stretch and deserves at least part of the blame here.
- Comment on Tired Habs take a break to visit sick kids in hospitals (2013-12-16 17:08:42)
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 35 – Again, too little too late as Panthers win 2-1 (2013-12-15 22:05:11)
Regardless of how well conditioned they are, they still require recovery time or their performance will suffer.
- Comment on Habs vs. Panthers in rare Sunday night game at Bell Centre (2013-12-15 16:48:12)