DodgerMember since April 21, 2008
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
JUst a question about commentators. I suspect a good many on here listen to a variety of sports on a variety of networks. A number of commentators are former players or coaches. My question is this: can anyone think of a network commentator (other than the HNIC clown) consistently (or ever) refer to specific teams as "we" when commenting on a particular game?
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-09 13:41:10)
From Moncton as the caskets of RCMP shooting victims are carried into a church auditorium for visitation....the following appears on the twitter site of a CBC reporter: +++++++++++++++++++++ 3/3 Caskets have Mountie hat and boots on them. Const. Douglas Larche's casket also has running shoes and Canadiens ball cap. _____________________________________ Apparently he was a BIG Habs fan!!!! (That last line is mine)
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-15 07:58:18)
Instead of "I'm going to Disneyworld"......Milan The Missing Link should be saying.."I'm Going to Dr. Phil".............................
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern semifinal Game 7 – Bye-bye Bruins! Canadiens win 3-1, advance to Conference final (2014-05-14 20:08:14)
Duffy....Cherry had to quit school in Grade 3. HOw would it look if he passed his father?
- Comment on Next stop Detroit in Habs’ fight for playoffs; prospect Bennett signs (2014-03-26 15:59:01)
I don't believe Irving Grundman was either a hockey man OR Sam Pollock's personal choice to replace him at the helm.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, quarterfinal: Canada 2, Latvia 1 (2014-02-19 14:40:35)
Hard to believe a team with Dan Hamhuis in the line up would have so much trouble beating Latvia.
- Comment on About this afternoon … (2014-02-03 09:57:38)
Eddie:::: Bang on ...as usual. And, unfortunately, this ain't 1955 and Deharnais sure as hell ain't Henri Richard.
- Comment on Bergevin finalist for NHL’s GM of the Year Award; Subban joins Team Canada (2013-05-13 07:44:49)
To Clay , Frank, etc.....Some people probably DO expect athletes and other celebrities to treat them like long lost kinfolk but that is not what Frank was saying. The Jagr story is also instructive....it reminds me of a story I read many. many years ago. It told of a blind boy, with his father, standing outside the Chicago Blackhawks dressing room as player after player just walked past......all except one. He walked over the blind boy and said.."my name is Bobby Hull, what's yours?" Of course that was in the days prior to the era of entitled athlete and I also understand that there are those "fans" who try to accumulate autographs in order to sell them....but a real pro...a real gentleman surely can find time to at least give a kid a smile. I suspect playing goal for Montreal is a tough job...made even tougher by the way Price was rushed into No.1 status whether he deserved it at the time or not.
- Comment on Habs, Leafs get ready for regular-season finale (2013-04-27 06:41:27)
Oh, God,,,what a way to start the day...reading Jacques Demers praising the Maple Leafs as potentially Canada's team. Pardon me whilst I throw up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Comment on NHL cancels games through Jan. 14; Habs lose fantasy game to Caps (2012-12-21 08:35:50)
I never bother commenting on anything any more but this silly fantasy game stuff causes me to cringe..........that a veteran, professional hockey writer such as Pat Hickey would be reduced to being obliged to write such rubbish is disconcerting. Keep the faith, Pat.......
- Comment on P.K. said to reject Canadiens’ first offer (2012-08-04 06:37:05)
On this day in Habs history.....August 4, 1921.....the greatest of the greatest...Maurice Richard was born.