athanor - (Peter Briant)Member since April 15, 2008
Habs fan since: 1960
Favorite current player: Eller
All-time favorite player: Lafleur
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-21 10:53:06)
No apropos of anything, but that's an interesting expression: separating the wheat from the chaff. It should really be the other way around, though -- you have the wheat and chaff, and you want to get rid of the chaff so that you have only wheat left.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens trounce Bruins for fourth in a row (2014-11-13 23:16:04)
Any Hab that took two or more draws. Galchenyuk, unfortunately, lost the only one he took.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens trounce Bruins for fourth in a row (2014-11-13 21:33:28)
Wikipedia says he did it twice -- Oct. 11, 1953 and March 21, 1954. And maybe it should be renamed the Brendan Shanahan hat trick -- he apparently did it 17 times
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens ground Jets (2014-11-11 22:35:22)
Doubt it. TB's ROW total is quite a bit better than Mtl's, since we have won so many games in shootout.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens ground Jets (2014-11-11 22:26:12)
Except that he didn't get a penalty, according to the game summary. If he went to the room, it was for another reason -- possibly since there were only 30 seconds left.
- Comment on Canadiens’ Beaulieu says he’s ready for anything; Tinordi sent down to Hamilton (2014-11-06 19:24:14)
Commercials wouldn't work in soccer because it is a game with running time, so there are no easily predictable times to throw in ads -- Kicks, throw-ins, etc. can be taken either fast or slow. Hockey has stop time, lots of it, so lots of spots for commercials.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-10 11:03:33)
Is the "facebook circle" some weird special interest group? ;-)
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-10 10:58:56)
Loved DD's shootout goal. Puck seemed to be barely moving when it slid under Holtby's pad.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one (2014-10-08 22:02:21)
May be more profitable, but a CITY-TV poll today found the Habs far and away the most popular across the country
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-11 19:40:24)
What I found interesting about those highlights was the lack of slap shots. Power clearly has its advantages, but it was his feints and deking that made the other guys look silly.