athanor - (Peter Briant)Member since April 15, 2008
Habs fan since: 1960
Favorite current player: Eller
All-time favorite player: Lafleur
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-05 09:45:52)
Well said! It's amazing how often people who disagree with someone attribute moron status to that someone.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 28 – Canadiens beat nemesis 3-2 (2013-12-02 19:09:14)
RDS says Murray
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-01 09:32:59)
That's 20 cents, but I agree totally.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 27: Canadiens skate to early lead, beat Leafs 4-2, move into third place (2013-11-30 21:13:32)
Ole is not a victory song, it's a 'this is fun' song. The victory song is Na Na, Hey, Hey, Kiss Him Goodbye
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 22: Canadiens stomp Wild 6-2 (2013-11-19 22:19:48)
Boone's shot at Matt Cooke shows just how long a bad reputation lasts. He stands 217th in the league for penalty minutes with six minors.He also has three goals and six assists. Last season, he finished at 123rd in the league with 13 minors and two majors, and 21 points. It would seem he really did learn his lesson and reform after that long suspension a couple of seasons ago.
- Comment on Therrien defends decision to cut Leblanc (2013-09-19 08:40:28)
I would say it is White, and it's surprising how uninterested he looks in doing the exercises. It almost looks like attitude.
- Comment on HIO fans want to see Lecavalier with Habs (2013-06-28 11:01:59)
Thanks. I needed a good belly laugh today.
- Comment on HIO fans want to see Lecavalier with Habs (2013-06-28 10:59:00)
Subban didn't take a pay cut this past season. In fact, he more than doubled his previous salary. It just wasn't as much as he -- who had yet to have the stellar season he did this year -- was asking.
- Comment on Memorial Cup memories from Habs; Churla hired as chief amateur scout (2013-05-28 10:54:40)
I would say that the 'take the best player' option exists right down until there are no more players the club wants to pick. It may not yield a top five player, but I would expect the Habs to have a list of their top, say, 30 assessments. They would then go along scratching off the top ranked one as he gets chosen in the draft. Whoever is at the top of the list when their turn comes to choose is 'the best player' option.
- Comment on Habs GM Bergevin “100 per cent” behind Carey Price (2013-05-14 10:27:37)
re Tortorella: More's the pity. I can't stand that smirk/sneer.