athanor - (Peter Briant)Member since April 15, 2008
Habs fan since: 1960
Favorite current player: Eller
All-time favorite player: Lafleur
- Comment on Rookies Sekac, Andrighetto fitting in well with Canadiens (2014-12-14 20:30:18)
They do. It's called the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine and is given to kids when they're really young. Has been available since at least 1986, at least in Toronto.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-24 18:43:14)
I acknowledged the GF/GP in my last paragraph, but that wasn't what you said. Picky? I guess, but ...
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-24 08:33:13)
I'm not sure where you got those stats, but NHL website has Habs ninth in goals for and 14th in goal diff, neither of which is in bottom third. They are, however, bottom third in goals per game.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-21 10:53:06)
No apropos of anything, but that's an interesting expression: separating the wheat from the chaff. It should really be the other way around, though -- you have the wheat and chaff, and you want to get rid of the chaff so that you have only wheat left.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens trounce Bruins for fourth in a row (2014-11-13 23:16:04)
Any Hab that took two or more draws. Galchenyuk, unfortunately, lost the only one he took.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens trounce Bruins for fourth in a row (2014-11-13 21:33:28)
Wikipedia says he did it twice -- Oct. 11, 1953 and March 21, 1954. And maybe it should be renamed the Brendan Shanahan hat trick -- he apparently did it 17 times
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens ground Jets (2014-11-11 22:35:22)
Doubt it. TB's ROW total is quite a bit better than Mtl's, since we have won so many games in shootout.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens ground Jets (2014-11-11 22:26:12)
Except that he didn't get a penalty, according to the game summary. If he went to the room, it was for another reason -- possibly since there were only 30 seconds left.
- Comment on Canadiens’ Beaulieu says he’s ready for anything; Tinordi sent down to Hamilton (2014-11-06 19:24:14)
Commercials wouldn't work in soccer because it is a game with running time, so there are no easily predictable times to throw in ads -- Kicks, throw-ins, etc. can be taken either fast or slow. Hockey has stop time, lots of it, so lots of spots for commercials.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-10 11:03:33)
Is the "facebook circle" some weird special interest group? ;-)