athanor - (Peter Briant)Member since April 15, 2008
Habs fan since: 1960
Favorite current player: Eller
All-time favorite player: Lafleur
- Comment on Liveblog: Rookie De La Rose bags pair as Canadiens beat Columbus (2015-02-26 19:42:55)
Interesting to see Price deploying the troops before that last faceoff of the period. Go right here, Subban; Marky, you're over there.
- Comment on Liveblog: Rookie De La Rose bags pair as Canadiens beat Columbus (2015-02-26 19:12:33)
Does he mumble, though? I couldn't even come close to understanding what he said.
- Comment on Liveblog: Rookie De La Rose bags pair as Canadiens beat Columbus (2015-02-26 19:11:14)
I kind of like the way Columbus coach or GM, I can't remember, referred to #21 as Devo. But he isn't wearing the funny hat.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blues preview (with video): Pacioretty named NHL’s third star of week (2015-02-23 21:02:53)
You're so right!
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens blow lead, lose to Oilers in OT (2015-02-12 19:39:33)
That McKenzie report sounds like he's been reading these comments for weeks or even months.
- Comment on Liveblog: Desharnais the hero in OT (2015-02-10 20:10:47)
I see what you did there. Playing a riff on the previous thread.
- Comment on Liveblog: Desharnais the hero in OT (2015-02-10 18:39:18)
Another interesting thing was the comments -- apparently the announcers delight in dumping on the Leafs. That must be a new development, because, as I recall it, they spend most of the game dumping on the Habs when they play the Leafs.
- Comment on Flyers vs. Canadiens preview: de la Rose will centre Habs’ fourth line (2015-02-10 17:55:09)
what I thought too
- Comment on Flyers vs. Canadiens preview: de la Rose will centre Habs’ fourth line (2015-02-10 15:26:37)
Biased reffing doesn't mean that every call against the Habs is wrong, it just means that the Habs seem to suffer an incredible number of should-be infractions that are overlooked. See Bwoar's 12:47 pm GIF link higher up. Referee watches Gallagher get cross-checked, elbowed, punched, tripped and maybe interfered with and yet does nothing. I find it easy to accept that there is some serious bias going on there. The bias is in the idea that a penalty is less likely to get called for Montreal unless it is blatant, as in the playoff instances. Meanwhile, who of us hasn't complained about phantom calls against the Habs.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens post winning weekend (2015-02-08 23:26:28)
Stat in NHL's game summary that I found interesting: Habs had the same five skaters -- Weise, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Subban and Markov -- on for all four goals scored in tonight's game.