Greg - (Greg Beilhartz)Member since April 13, 2008
Habs fan since: 1982
Favorite current player: Saku Koivu
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 44 – Canadiens play 40 great minutes, win 2-1, move past Tampa Bay into second place in Atlantic (2014-01-06 17:24:14)
It's been awhile, but I would like to reiterate my burning desire for a HockeyInsideOut android app. Burning.
- Comment on Parros skates for first time since suffering concussion (2013-10-18 14:23:44)
He'll knock Tinordi or Beaulieu out before Diaz.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 7 – Canadiens 5 – Columbus 3 in a barnburner (2013-10-17 18:29:51)
He's an odd duck, I'll give you that.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 7 – Canadiens 5 – Columbus 3 in a barnburner (2013-10-17 18:16:49)
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 7 – Canadiens 5 – Columbus 3 in a barnburner (2013-10-17 18:09:32)
Hey Boone. It was Ryan Murray that was drafted before Galchenyuk in 2012, not Ryan Murphy, who plays for the Canes. Just sayin'.
- Comment on Drewiske out five to six months following shoulder surgery (2013-10-16 15:27:59)
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 3: Calgary jinx continues, Flames win 3-2 (2013-10-09 18:18:08)
Markov is one of the best defensement in the NHL. Has he lost a step? Sure, but he's much better with us. He's definitely not worth a 1st round pick at the deadline. Even if we got one, it would be a contender's 1st rounder (25-30th pick). He's great to mentor all the young defensemen we have coming up and he's an absolute BEAST on the PP. He'll come cheaper next year, and I for one will be happy to have him.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-02 08:10:34)
Don't turn a freak accident into an argument against fighting. He was wearing a helmet, fell, and hit his chin on the ice. That could easily have happened during a game, and in fact it has. If you don't like fighting in hockey, that's fine. There are good arguments that support your point of view. But the arguments in favor or opposed are just as good a week ago as they are today. I'm aware that huge guys punching each other in the face is dangerous, no one is suggesting it isn't. If danger was unacceptable, hockey wouldn't be a sport at all. These guys get paid a lot of money to do dangerous things. I personally am ok with it. But whether or not fighting is a part of hockey should be based on rational arguments that are always valid, not just "someone got hurt last night, let's ban fighting".
- Comment on Tinordi and Bournival to start season with Habs (video) (2013-09-27 08:31:50)
You can't make a sweeping judgement on the Gally-Eller-Chucky line because of a couple of lackluster performances in preseason. At the end of last season, Chucky and Eller were dynamite together. Where is this "Eller is hard to play with" stuff coming from? This is why they shouldn't broadcast preseason games, it's not good for a fanbase that's so overenthusiastic like Habs fans. We just can't help ourselves with the over-analysis. It's exhibition!! The EGG line will be just fine...
- Comment on HIO hits 1-million comment mark; annual Summit set for Oct. 26 (2013-08-22 22:46:34)
He's good to stand up and fight in the tough games, but not much else. The Best Case Scenario with Murray is that he spends some time with Markov or PK to inflate his usefulness, so we can trade him at the deadline for a 2nd rounder.