Uwey - (Ray Dares)Member since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: early '70's
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Cournoyer
- Comment on Koivu still going strong at age 38 with Ducks (2013-02-09 14:36:18)
Very, very good point. I drank alot of that Kool-Aid that season!!!
- Comment on About last night … (2013-02-08 16:03:00)
Maybe it was already mentioned, but I questioned why Gorges, who was not at all himself after that hit last night, was on the ice during those dying seconds last night????
- Comment on Canadiens should get a good one at three (2012-04-11 04:59:46)
I believe most Habs fans are selling Eller short. In all honesty, I believe moving this young man now, would equate to the same mistake as moving John Leclair. It's time for some patience when it comes to the kids. Weber &/or Diaz would be the first of any of the kids I would move if deemed necessary.
- Comment on Full practice follows optional game (2011-10-14 15:16:59)
I haven't read many of the posts here & maybe someone else has touched on it, but here is a thought, how about not shuffling lines & defensive pairings every five minutes & let the guys get use to the same linemates/partners on the ice for a couple of games???
- Comment on Flames flicker to start season (2011-10-13 07:36:20)
Let's hope Martin sees fit to give Cole more than 14 minutes of ice time!!!!
- Comment on Audio: No suspension for Malone hit fuels plenty of debate (2011-10-03 16:25:37)
But was Campoli not already engaged with another Lightening player at the time, trying to protect the puck, thusbeing in a vulnerable position. I thought that was also part of the review, whether the player being hit was already engaged with another player.
- Comment on So what have we got? (2011-10-02 07:30:58)
If that is the case, I will bet Yemelin is back on a plane for Russia by the New Year. This guy plays 25 minutes plus in the KHL, is considered an all-star in that league & plays for the Russian National team, do you think he will sit in the pressbox with his finger up his a.s.s. , knowing that when Markov comes back he slips even farther down the depth chart. My guess is the Yemelin experiment has all but come to an end.
- Comment on Bruins down Canadiens again (2011-09-27 12:34:04)
Habs player would have been tossed in the bin with extra minutes. That said, Dumont rubs Lucic off of the puck twice in the same shift, legally, after the second time, Lucic crosschecks Dumont, Dumont stands his ground but does not retaliate, so Lucic gives him a two handed across the shin pads at which time the refs skates over gently pushes Lucic away as the play continues. The way I see it, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Refs clearly in view of both the Campbell & Lucic offenses, yet penalized for neither. I'll bet Vancouver fans can relate to this feeling. Personally, I am becoming very turned off by Gary Bettman's Side Show known as the NHL.
- Comment on Another L for Habs .. and a stinkeroo against THEM! (2011-09-26 09:05:38)
I keep hearing people talk about DD or Darche playing the wing with Eller & Andi, but I would like to add, that Ryan White is being completely forgotten here. This kid plays the boards well, goes to the dirty areas, could create enough havoc on the ice & in front of the net, to be very effective playing with AK46 & the Young Dane, an element neither of the other two can bring.
- Comment on “Most physical scrimmage” – Martin; also Habs video (2011-09-17 22:13:19)
If I'm not mistaken, if he doesn't make the big club, he goes back to the KHL, as terms of his contract.