Huh - (J F)Member since November 3, 2013
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 15:16:02)
I believe that Sekac wasn't really given a fair shake by MT as he was never used on the 1st line or rarely on the PP. Yes, the production was never really there but I don't think he was ever put in the right situation to succeed. That being said, I think DSP is exactly one type of player that we're sorely lacking.... a hard nosed, tough as nails, old school hockey player. Someone who isn't afraid to go to the tough areas of the ice, especially the front of the net - which is an area that not enough of our forwards go to. I think MB is really smart and is building a well balanced team. Don't think we're there yet, but I think this is a good addition. Only time will tell though.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blues preview (with video): Pacioretty named NHL’s third star of week (2015-02-23 20:51:04)
Maybe he slept with MT's wife. Or daughter..... or dog?
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-22 01:10:58)
Who would go the other way? Gotta give to get (my girl told me that). But yeah, he would be sweet..... would take a serious player from our side for sure. Like Eller, Gallagher, Beaulieu/Tinordi/Emelin (NTC though) and a pick. Maybe even more. Not saying I wanna give up those players, just saying it won't come cheap. But then again, I don't know much.... so..... :/
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-22 00:37:56)
Yes to any of the 3 at this point. We need goals, although I'm less inclined to think Vermette is the answer for more offense.... but he would be an addition depending on what you have to give up for a rental. I'd love to get Yak though. I think we can work with the D we have moving forward.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-22 00:32:12)
#77 is one for sure..... then...... I wouldn't put in Weaver just yet. He's good to have to the playoff run though. Aside from that I'm not too sure.... Emelin has been playing better as of late and Gonchar's experience could come in handy for the playoffs - but if we're still winning my guess would be to let #55 rest.... and alternate between Emelin and Tinordi and Pateryn. But what do I know? Nothing really.... :)
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-22 00:25:54)
Well played sir.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-22 00:22:11)
Which D-man would you sit once Gonchar comes back based on the past few games?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens back on winning track – beat Jackets, lead East (2015-02-22 00:07:38)
It sucks though. Because of his size I think that tough guys on other teams have a tendency to want to fight him. And even when he makes those hits, I feel as though, because of his size again - other goons feel the need to avenge the hit.... Puts him in a tough spot. Prust needs to give him some "Fighting 101" lessons.... badly.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens back on winning track – beat Jackets, lead East (2015-02-21 23:47:00)
Prust should mentor Tiny re: fighting. Prust rarely leaves himself open and more often than not is outmatched in size by his adversaries. Hopefully, he'll show him the ropes. Hate to see him get knocked out again. At the end of the day, yeah, he needs to be tough.... but toughness is also shown in the manner you play, and in how you make life hard for the opposition in from of your net / in the corners. We need him more as a rugged D man than as a fighter. BUT - knowing how to do both would certainly be awesome.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens back on winning track – beat Jackets, lead East (2015-02-21 21:21:17)
He's like a sports car without a steering wheel.