Donkey HoatMember since October 18, 2013
Habs fan since: 1975
Favorite current player: Tomas Plekanec
All-time favorite player: Bob Gainey
- Comment on A rare Saturday night with no hockey for Habs (2014-12-13 11:45:20)
So what do we do now for three days? Go back to disparaging Malhotra and DD? Use analytics to show that Gomez was simply an unlucky player? I'm up for anything.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-13 08:48:13)
Great stuff; "houle" made me laugh out loud.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens beat Cup-holders (2014-12-12 20:44:18)
Back off, doubters! Manny's on the scoreboard.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban misses practice as he battles the flu (2014-12-11 22:03:33)
MM won't be benched for a single game this year, regardless of how many goals he scores. Why? He has a skill set unique to the team, he's a clutch player, he's reliable and he's a team-first guy. He takes a lot of pressure off of Plekanec, and, as a result, Plekanec's game has rounded out nicely, and there's more gas in the tank all around. I agree with a few other posters in that we have bigger problems to worry about: our lousy first periods, lack of preparation, inability to score, and the dreaded PP.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban misses practice as he battles the flu (2014-12-11 11:34:27)
Subban? Flu? First?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens beat Canucks 3-1on an emotional night (2014-12-09 23:09:41)
Great win, done with style and class; Mr B would have been happy.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens beat Canucks 3-1on an emotional night (2014-12-09 20:08:41)
Habs desperate to score first and win one for #4.
- Comment on Galchenyuk at centre as Habs prepare to face Canucks; Beaulieu called up from Hamilton (2014-12-08 17:04:35)
That third line is questionable, I fear the worst and hope for the best.
- Comment on Thousands pay final respects to Jean Béliveau at Bell Centre (2014-12-07 21:39:04)
I was listening to Rex Murphy this evening who did an entire show on Mr Beliveau. People from all over Canada, and at least one in the US, called in with their memories, thoughts, whatever; it was great radio and a great tribute to Mr Beliveau. What a giant of a man, there won't be another like him.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-07 11:11:09)
If we are indeed in step-back mode this year, why not play the rookies? Why not bring up Beaulieu and Tinordi, keep a few more kids in the line-up on a rotating basis all season? I know the coach has to win games to keep his job, but if mgmt plans for the team to struggle this year, his job should be safe for the time being. If the coach were given an A-list roster and the team failed to make the playoffs, then it would be time to hire someone else.