Donkey HoatMember since October 18, 2013
Habs fan since: 1975
Favorite current player: Tomas Plekanec
All-time favorite player: Bob Gainey
- Comment on Habs’ Price ranked third-best goalie in league by NHL.com (2014-09-08 16:15:51)
"East corners market on NHL’s top 14 goaltenders, NHL.com" But a Western team has won the Cup six times out of nine since the '04-'05 lockout, including the last four out of five Cups.
- Comment on Updated: Habs icon Jean Béliveau recovering from pneumonia (2014-09-07 22:22:35)
Looks pretty swish, but I wonder how they'll manage to mess it up. The construction inquest is a farce, with some low-level stooge set up to be the fall guy; meanwhile it's business-as-usual. Also, that mock-up wasn't realistic in one aspect: in reality, there will be about 10X more cars on that bridge. I agree on it remaining Champlain Bridge. while we're on the subject, they shoulda kept Dorchester Dorchester, too.
- Comment on Martin Brodeur would take backup job with Habs if offered (2014-09-05 21:37:15)
Just wondering what ever happened to CAPSLOCK MIKE or DAVE, I forget the name.
- Comment on Happy 83rd birthday to Habs legend Jean Béliveau (2014-08-31 22:09:39)
Happy birthday, Mr Beliveau. And Merry Christmas to you, George Bailey...in jail!
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-28 15:26:47)
That list is a real bozo-fest.
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-12 13:48:08)
Thank you, good to hear from the horse's mouth. Just shows what can happen when you mix wild speculation with bored/anxious "reporters". The truth is always simpler and less vitriolic than we are usually led to believe.
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-06 01:33:20)
Damn reporters, stirring up shite for no good reason.
- Comment on National world junior development camp underway in Brossard (Video) (2014-08-05 11:32:15)
My take on that: The disparity in opinion on Michel Therrien, drawn along linguistic/cultural lines, has a lot to do with the team being forced to look among only French-speaking coaches as a possible hire. Quebecois may feel better about it, but I think many non-Francos resent that language has become part of the hiring process. That kind of thinking would pre-empt the signing of a Mike Babcock or Darryl Sutter one day. Still, I can't argue with the Coach's results.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 22:10:18)
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious: Love it or hate it, the contract at least settles things down for a long time, and we can concentrate on what happens on the ice. PK is part of the team's long-term plans, and I would trust that Marc Bergevin had next year's payroll on his mind when agreeing to this contract. In other news, man marries woman in wedding ceremony.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 11:48:00)
Great, thank you.