Donkey HoatMember since October 18, 2013
Habs fan since: 1975
Favorite current player: Tomas Plekanec
All-time favorite player: Bob Gainey
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-30 09:12:19)
Great team win last night. Pacioretty's wrister was nothing short of perfect. Rather than get stressed about the lines (Weise on first line, etc) I just ignored all the players' numbers and only saw white shirts. I enjoyed the game immensely from that point on. Also, it seems that much of our offensive strategy is based on poking the puck away from the opposing player, and hoping for a lucky bounce, then it's off to the races. As UCe mentioned, it seems to have taken hold as a team philosophy. What bothers me is that it might be to the detriment of other things, such as gaining the o-zone as a 5-man unit.
- Comment on Canadiens hit all-star break on a high (2015-01-22 20:32:14)
That deserves my coming down from my ivory tower to say "Thank you." Kidding aside, thank you; what an excellent, well-written recap.
- Comment on Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from HI/O (2014-12-24 21:55:15)
Happy Xmas to everyone, it's been a lot of fun, even when the losses were hard to take; thank you all.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens give themselves a merry Christmas (2014-12-23 19:10:59)
I'll go you one further: it isn't the same since Rocco died. Thank you, and same to you.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens give themselves a merry Christmas (2014-12-23 19:06:31)
Mr Boone, it's about time you started rocking' that beard again. I remember when you were on the City beat, and you did a story on Cafe Olimpico. The beard really worked for you. Happy eighth day of Hannukah!
- Comment on A rare Saturday night with no hockey for Habs (2014-12-13 11:45:20)
So what do we do now for three days? Go back to disparaging Malhotra and DD? Use analytics to show that Gomez was simply an unlucky player? I'm up for anything.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-13 08:48:13)
Great stuff; "houle" made me laugh out loud.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens beat Cup-holders (2014-12-12 20:44:18)
Back off, doubters! Manny's on the scoreboard.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban misses practice as he battles the flu (2014-12-11 22:03:33)
MM won't be benched for a single game this year, regardless of how many goals he scores. Why? He has a skill set unique to the team, he's a clutch player, he's reliable and he's a team-first guy. He takes a lot of pressure off of Plekanec, and, as a result, Plekanec's game has rounded out nicely, and there's more gas in the tank all around. I agree with a few other posters in that we have bigger problems to worry about: our lousy first periods, lack of preparation, inability to score, and the dreaded PP.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban misses practice as he battles the flu (2014-12-11 11:34:27)
Subban? Flu? First?