Donkey HoatMember since October 18, 2013
Habs fan since: 1975
Favorite current player: Tomas Plekanec
All-time favorite player: Bob Gainey
- Comment on Liveblog: The losing streak is over (2014-11-20 22:19:40)
AND the post-Bourque era.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-17 08:48:39)
Got me there; edited.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-17 08:41:42)
Here's an interesting stat: most stats are meaningless. 14-4-1.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens ground Jets (2014-11-11 22:31:36)
Now it sucks to be first star of the game because they have to do that silly on-ice interview. Which jughead TV producer came up with that?
- Comment on Habs trade Travis Moen to Dallas for Sergei Gonchar (2014-11-11 17:25:39)
I think Bourque will be back on the team, and kick ass when he does return.
- Comment on Emotional night as Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 raised to the rafters of Bell Centre (2014-11-09 12:17:16)
No, but I did have some dirt in my eye at precisely that moment, which caused a tear to shed, thus ending my discomfort at the same time the ceremony ended.
- Comment on Ken Dryden writes about his friend, teammate and prankster Guy Lapointe (2014-11-08 14:57:49)
Those 70s Habs teams, especially the 76-79 squad, were the best hockey has seen, and one of the best teams in sports history. What Dryden so masterfully explained in "The Game" was how the combination of characters on the team allowed it to flourish so well. The article above gives a glimpse of that dynamic. You don't need to have the best players in order to win, just guys who always play their best. Sadly, Dryden also related how that dynamic is not sustainable over the long term, and even by 1978 he felt a shift in the way the team played, which turned into a so-so (by their standards) 1979 regular season. By the playoffs, the writing was on the wall for these guys, and they had burned themselves out in their desire to be the greatest. But what a great way to go.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens end losing streak with Shootout win in Buffalo (2014-11-05 21:30:31)
Because we don't play the white way.
- Comment on Habs have best record in NHL after Saturday’s win over Avalanche (2014-10-19 17:59:42)
I've quickly grown to like Malhotra, he's from a nice family, has a good face, and fits in perfectly with the team fabric; a gentleman and a mensch. Gotta love those face-off skills, too.
- Comment on Habs’ Price ranked third-best goalie in league by NHL.com (2014-09-08 16:15:51)
"East corners market on NHL’s top 14 goaltenders, NHL.com" But a Western team has won the Cup six times out of nine since the '04-'05 lockout, including the last four out of five Cups.