habcertainMember since October 16, 2013
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-10 17:47:39)
Let's not judge.........this story just gets uglier by the second, a lot of people need to pay the piper, and let's start with Rice.
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-10 16:09:40)
If you don't pay big fish, big money they don't bite.
- Comment on Martin Brodeur could be a good fit with Habs: Damphousse (2014-09-09 18:25:32)
I don't know how you can equate those 2 scenarios, spousal abuse is a chronic problem in society that preys on the fears of the weaker individual (which is usually the woman), and perpetuates a cycle of abuse, mental and physical, which usually ends with the victim feeling trapped, demeaned, and no self-worth. This is not just 2 drunk men in a bar fighting over the TV station. Am I saying that Rice will continue to abuse, I don't know, but it clearly can't be ignored as just a slip up. While he got off easy with just requiring counseling, he will be listed as an offender.
- Comment on Martin Brodeur could be a good fit with Habs: Damphousse (2014-09-09 17:14:06)
@HH, critical thinking has little to do with witnessing violent abuse, then sit back and say we should not judge. Whatever the reason was for him to do what he did, is inexcusable.
- Comment on Martin Brodeur could be a good fit with Habs: Damphousse (2014-09-09 17:09:38)
No one is speaking for her, nor should they, whatever she says is just in response to keeping herself, and/or her family safe. The victim does not have the right to excuse the abuser's action, it is irrelevant, does not hold in court of law or public opinion. This type of violence should be exposed and prosecuted, this is not a soapbox issue, as you originally positioned it. That is why I think you just don't get it. If you commit the act once, it is enough, society does not have to wait for some idiot to commit the crime multiple times before we say, "oh yeah he has a problem". Whatever price he pays, and if it is just not playing football, he is getting off easy.
- Comment on Martin Brodeur could be a good fit with Habs: Damphousse (2014-09-09 15:51:25)
"Did something hurtful"....... You are kidding ,right? Hurtful is calling someone a name, knocking someone out with a punch, is felony assault. Read up a little about the mindset of a victim. You clearly do not comprehend the level of violence that was perpetuated by the abuser. Would like to hear your perspective if that was your daughter.
- Comment on Martin Brodeur could be a good fit with Habs: Damphousse (2014-09-09 14:45:52)
Not sure she even understands the magnitude of what she has endured, victims of this type of abuse are usually the last to turn on the abuser. If the video did not come to light Rice is still walking around like big man on campus. Knocking out your spouse with a single blow, then dragging her out of an elevator, cannot be termed as a " bad situation". He needs to go to jail, I think in time she will realize that, and shame on the NFL, for trying to brush this under the carpet. The story from that perspective, isn't over yet.
- Comment on Martin Brodeur would take backup job with Habs if offered (2014-09-05 20:26:20)
To play the game, you need to"play the game"
- Comment on Martin Brodeur would take backup job with Habs if offered (2014-09-05 16:07:58)
The game of hockey is played on the edge of intimidation, and whomever can win that battle will be the victors, and it doesn't matter what God you pray to, or at all.
- Comment on Martin Brodeur would take backup job with Habs if offered (2014-09-04 18:25:53)
Don't think so first