Habanero78 - (Timmy Koko)Member since October 13, 2013
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-06 09:28:44)
I only watch the Habs so I don't know all the other dman in the league. It did seem a certain McDonagh outplayed Subban in the Rangers series? No? I'm saying there has been defenseman in the past ie. Pronger, Chara (in his prime, not Chara now), who have carried their teams on their back to the Stanley Cup... Pay those guys 9 mil+ Will Subban ever do that? Unfortunately I don't think he has the tools. He's a Markov with an upside which is still saying a lot. I'm saying 8 or 8.25x8 is more than enough... Anywhere north of that is crazy. It's business not an emotional love affair...
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-06 01:43:20)
Hey I love unicorns and rainbows but unfortunately real life gets in the way some times. Not sure where we are going with this?
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-06 01:32:31)
Hey I love Subban and want to see him play for the Habs. But at the same time he isn't the best defenseman in the league. Anyone would trade him for Shea Weber or Doughty in a second. If he was maybe 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier, then I would say pay him anything. But he is not a "perfect" defenseman. Paying him 8x8 or even 8.25x8 is more than fair. If you can't afford an ego it might be a good thing. Sign the one year arbitration deal and trade him if you have too. No player is bigger than a team.
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 10:21:02)
So I do think we need a heavy weight in the mix, they are an insurance policy just in case. Heavy weights are like nuclear weapons, you don't want to use them, but it helps when the other team knows you have them.
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-02 09:30:44)
I don't mind the moves being made, my one concern is where is the beef? Where's our meathead fighter? We do need one, esp. with Komorov return to the Leafs... he's a guy that stirred things up for the rest of the Leaf meatheads to go to work. Who's gonna fight Orr? I doubt MB is done, but I do think crankshaft was an important piece of the puzzle in the regular season. Sure he was slow, but when you have muscle like that taking a regular shift and hitting everything it helps teammates play with more confidence. I don't think Prust can police everything on his own... Moen better not fight this year, I want him to retire without a jello brain.
- Comment on Habs’ Bergevin beaten out for NHL’s GM of the Year Award (2014-06-25 17:06:05)
I haven't seen Vanek since the last game of the regular season.
- Comment on Habs’ Bergevin beaten out for NHL’s GM of the Year Award (2014-06-25 17:03:21)
You can use a UK DNS code and get NHL center ice, and with the UK DNS you get every game, I think it was $80 or $100 or something for the year. Doesn't matter your credit card address is Canada.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-04 17:40:07)
I guess second. :P
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-04 17:39:13)
- Comment on NHL fines Bruins’ Thornton for spraying water at Habs’ Subban (2014-05-12 10:12:37)
Joe Thornton!? hahahaha The best regular season- worst playoff player ever? Paaaaaaaassssssssssss!