LedMember since April 8, 2008
Habs fan since: late 70's
Favorite current player: Plecks
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 19:58:53)
Of course it takes the ex-Hab on the panel to give Montreal props for what should be considered the steal of deadline day! If TO had pulled this trade off the story would be on a continuous loop 24/7.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 19:51:49)
You'd have to think so right? However, it does look like (maybe) GMs are starting to show a little more caution on deadline day.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 19:39:41)
Absolutely amazing! Can't believe that we got the player who topped all trade deadline lists. Equating this to the pleasant shock of getting Kovy years ago is very appropriate. Getting him for so little seems unreal. How could no one else have offered up more than what we did? We just got the rental we've been hoping for for so long. If he plays well and signs with us, then even better. So excited for the playoffs!
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, Game 3: Canada 2, Finland 1, OT (2014-02-16 14:18:27)
Thank God. Justice!
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, Game 3: Canada 2, Finland 1, OT (2014-02-16 14:16:31)
This is worse than the NHL for non-calls!
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, Game 3: Canada 2, Finland 1, OT (2014-02-16 14:13:16)
CAN vs. FIN Exhibit A in proving that big ice and best players doesn't equal good hockey. Hockey's main "problems" include the stifling defensive systems and a failure to call the rules as they were created.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-28 01:12:33)
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-27 23:34:11)
Here's a first. First!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 10 – Canadiens pluck Ducks 4-1, end short L streak (2013-10-24 22:56:15)
Great win! Tonight's game is an excellent example of how flawed it can be to use shots to measure possession and thus indicate the better team. Anaheim 32 Montreal 25 Does anyone think Anaheim were the better team tonight?
- Comment on Habs sign White for one year; Big Mac lands in London (2013-07-19 18:57:31)
What angers me about this is that in most cases the 2nd game of the back-to-back is a home game after having played on the road the night before. Meanwhile, the actual road team will have been resting and waiting for us in our building. So much for home ice advantage! The western teams, who like to complain so much about travel, in a lot of cases will be the ones having the playing field levelled by getting a tired home team. However, you can guarantee that those teams never come off the road for a back-to-back at home with an eastern team waiting for them.