The Gumper - (Steve Daly)Member since September 30, 2013
Habs fan since: 1960
Favorite current player: Subban
All-time favorite player: Lafleur
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-11 23:14:10)
Remind me never to go and watch these tools... https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dropkick-murphys-behead-canadiens-doll-at-montreal-heavy-metal-festival--video-195731418.html
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-06 19:38:37)
You don't need either cable or satellite tv. It's a streamed service, you just need a high speed internet connection.
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-06 15:33:17)
It only blacks out games when it is being shown by another carrier ie NBC, NBCSN or the NHL Network (with the exception of the playoffs, maybe three or four games per year, at least here in Denver). It's $150 for the year so ostensibly two bucks a game (I spill more than that). You can watch the games on virtually any platform and generally, but not always, choose your feed (home,away, or francais)! You can pause, ff, review goals, fights, penalties etc with ease. I stream almost all games through a Roku device ($100 for the top of the line Roku3) and watch it on my HDTV and it's indistinguishable from a cable or satellite HD feed. I really don't understand why many have such an aversion to it. I think it's a great deal!
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 17:52:09)
I would much rather see the HIO crowd take care of them. I would be happy to contribute to the cause! I'm pretty sure that the chance to meet PK would be the thrill of a lifetime tho! Once again, kudos to you Ian, (and Timo, Rob and Alyne et al) for all you've done so far. Much to be proud of Sir!
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 16:45:16)
Can't say that I understand all that went on the last couple of days but I am certainly glad that's over and that PK will be a lifetime Hab. Is it a little pricey? At the moment, yes but that's the nature of a long term deal isn't it? My best guess was that Meehan was pushing for a two year deal to move PK to the start of his UFA status and was pretty much sticking to his guns. It was going to take a long term deal for lots of dough to move him off of it. Either way, he wins... Whatever... I'm just thrilled that I can watch him in a Hab uniform for the next eight years!
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-30 02:44:32)
Sorry to hear the last of you Chicken Little (Booner)! I'm sure that after a time you felt that your reverse jinx was worthy and, I thank you for that, I think that it bought us a few games at least. Although I have not posted a great deal throughout the year, I am as adamant a fan as anyone here. I grew up in a red, white and blue bedroom with a big poster of Le Gros Bill at the top of my headboard. I am proud of my team. We have much to look forward to.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 5 – Canadiens win wild one to stay alive (2014-05-28 01:17:43)
Ha ha Johnny, porno grade acting, never heard that before but very appropriate!
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 4 – St. Louis scores in OT, pushes Canadiens to the brink (2014-05-26 00:03:11)
C'mon guys... Gally scores instead of hitting that crossbar and all of a sudden, everyone's a genius and we're heading home tied 2-2! Yeah, the PP sucked blah, blah... I for one, do not think this is over in any way, shape or form. Of course there's a big difference in being down 3-1 and having to win the next three but two of those are at home in the best barn and in front of the most fervent fans in the league so let's knock off this doom and gloom b*llshit. Momentum is a fickle mistress!
- Comment on Habs, Rangers back on the ice Saturday for practices (Video) (2014-05-25 09:35:30)
Great post CJ and I agree wholeheartedly! Now is the time and I really believe we will win the Cup this year. I sent an email to all of my hockey buds (the vast majority are non Hab fans) on March 29th predicting a Cup win. That feeling hasn't changed at all. Anyway, keep it in the short stuff and Go Habs Go!
- Comment on HI/O Show: Demers, Nilan talk Habs vs. Rangers (2014-05-22 10:44:13)
This may have been posted previously but it's an interesting video on our pal Kreider... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI6b6OBj1Ig