WAR72 - (war )Member since April 8, 2008
Habs fan since: '72
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Maurice
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens blow early lead, lose to ‘Yotes (2015-02-01 15:21:22)
Galchenyuk scores two goals early. But his ice time is so low. What gives?
- Comment on It’s official: Habs vs. Bruins in 2016 Winter Classic (2015-01-25 09:37:00)
Enjoyable article ripping the all star game... http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-apathy-and-absurdity-of-the-nhl-all-star-game/
- Comment on A letter from the Béliveau family (2014-12-18 12:03:26)
I agree that faceoff stats are a bit overrated. When the penguins won the cup in 2009 the had a percentage of 49.1 good for 19th in the league. However i dont know their percentage during those playoffs. I am sure a solid regular season record can be had with mediocre faceoff percentage, but, can a winning playoff run be had as well?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens have MSG issues (2014-11-23 17:57:59)
Now where have i heard that before?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens have MSG issues (2014-11-23 17:27:18)
They almost made the finals last year with dd. I believe price going down was ultimately what brought the habs down. Only a goalie can make or break a team. Surely, many past cup winners have had some individually marginal players. Im not a huge fan of dd, i still think a cup could be won with him.
- Comment on Liveblog: The losing streak is over (2014-11-20 21:24:20)
You make this site unfun. You.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens trounce Bruins for fourth in a row (2014-11-13 19:59:35)
Hammered that guy. Kept hammering even when the bruin was on his knees. Then the bruin was bitching at weise in the box. From what it seemed weise told him in not so many words, you guys get no quarter from me. Or thats what i hope he said.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens trounce Bruins for fourth in a row (2014-11-13 19:51:02)
Bruins are like the pals. They wanna fight all the time, but when they start to get hammered its whine and cry and lie like a typical bully who cant understand that some folks hit back. Good on weise.
- Comment on What you can learn from watching 78 TV commercials during a Habs game (2014-11-13 11:14:50)
Im not crazy about the advertising either. However, you said screw capitalism. That was an all encompassing statement and as someone who works hard and appreciates being rewarded and judged on my efforts i felt the need to defend capitalism in general. Go habs.
- Comment on What you can learn from watching 78 TV commercials during a Habs game (2014-11-13 10:50:20)
“The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of its blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of its miseries.” -Winston Churchill, Former British Prime Minister “We have been ruled by men who live by illusions … the illusion that there is some other way of creating wealth than hard work and satisfying your customers.” -Margaret Thatcher, Former British Prime Minister