A. Berke - (Ali Berke)Member since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: 1965
Favorite current player: The Whole Team
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on Carey Price survives All-Star Game shootout (2015-01-25 21:52:49)
First! he! he! PS: do I get a prize? Ali B.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win sixth road game in a row as power play comes to life (2015-01-14 22:47:03)
40 :) Ali B.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win sixth road game in a row as power play comes to life (2015-01-14 21:00:07)
Oh yeah he does! or does he?? Ali B.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win sixth road game in a row as power play comes to life (2015-01-14 20:58:50)
Not tonight appears like! Ali B.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win sixth road game in a row as power play comes to life (2015-01-14 20:53:35)
Finally, Our "first" line of DD,Max & Gally is back on the ice at the very end of the 2nd (on 5-on-5 too). Can somebody, anybody, buy a goal tonight? Ali B.
- Comment on Price in goal, but no other lineup changes for Habs against Devils (2015-01-02 13:59:20)
Shout out to Jim (Habfan 10912) & Irish Mike Thanks for yr replies of yesterday and yes I'm good to go now health wise. Wish you guys (and the rest of HIO) the best. :) Cheers, Ali B.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Devils preview (2015-01-01 15:35:54)
Like to wish to all of the HIO community a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year and lots of success to our Habs. Cheers, Ali B.
- Comment on Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from HI/O (2014-12-24 15:22:57)
I'd like to wish to all of HIO crew and posters a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year. Ali B. PS: Had a very trying (health wise) past 12 months but now back to following HIO and posting (occasionally).
- Comment on Canadiens legend Jean Béliveau dies at age 83 (2014-12-03 02:12:17)
I'm not a man of many words but I'm very saddened by his passing. I had the great honour and the good fortune to meet him (a handshake, a few words and a smile) and more importantly to watch him play for several glorious years. R.I.P. Monsieur Beliveau and thank you for the memories. My sincere condolences to his wife Elise and the family. Ali B.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-13 20:21:34)
sorry but you may have watched soccer (futbol) but in my youth I played it and made it to the national selection of U19 where I came from (in the late 1950's - I quit playing tho b/c of a broken foot). I know a thing or two about soccer and Schweinsteiger's so called diving (as per your derisive definition) was equally, if not more, matched and exceeded by most argentinian players. He was in fact incessantly pushed, pulled, kicked and hit by the argentinian defenders throughout the game. Was he a little hasty in falling in a few cases, probably, but considering all around attitude of most other (if not all) players on any given team when they're pushed and kicked around, I don't consider that excessive diving as you have wrongly put.. Furthermore if you were OK with Germany's win, what was your comment about Klose, Podolski and Ozil for? If you think I'm making this up, pls watch the game again. cheers, Ali B.