DeadEnd - (Daniel DesChamps)Member since August 16, 2013
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs’ Bourque sidelined with upper-body injury (2013-12-04 15:10:29)
To be fair, he was in the middle of a divorce at the time...
- Comment on Habs on a roll heading into New Jersey (2013-12-04 10:36:43)
And here I was just this morning thinking that the Rangers had all kinds of bargaining power over Lundqvist given his sub-par year (in a contract year) and the emergence of Talbot. I guess that's why I don't get paid to be a GM.
- Comment on Habs’ Parros won’t play, but Murray will against Sabres (2013-11-27 12:56:17)
Upside is that if Parros plays and Buffalo plays Scott, that's one spot on their bench with no upside. Downside is the same can be said for the Canadiens.
- Comment on Habs’ Parros won’t play, but Murray will against Sabres (2013-11-27 12:54:00)
Didn't actually get kicked out but almost. Went to an Expos home opener with my brother when I was 15. They gave out those Go Expos cardboard signs, which made great paper airplanes. Given that everyone in our section was hammered by the second inning (except us, of course), they were flying everywhere. One eventually hit a security guard in the back of the head and when he turned around, he decided the 15 year-old was an easier target than 50 drunks. He was going to toss me and my brother until a bunch of the guys around us told him to p!$$ off.
- Comment on Habs’ Pacioretty named NHL’s second star of week (2013-11-26 09:57:12)
Careful about assuming your have TVA...there is an "over-the-air" TVA, which is part of basic cable/satellite packages as well, and there is a TVA Sports, which is extra. I doubt that the basic station will be the one carrying the games. At least not in the long run.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-24 12:18:12)
I don't like the shootout from a standings point of view, but they are exciting to watch. As for earning points for winning/losing in overtime: as far as I'm concerned, a hockey game is three 20 minutes periods. Most leagues you grow up playing don't even have overtime. If you manage to get through 60 minutes without losing, you've earned something. And as much as I hate to say it, maybe we need to look to soccer (shudder at the thought) and award 3 points for a regulation win. Makes it worthwhile and maybe will mean teams will actually try in the last few minutes of a tie/close game.
- Comment on Brière takes Desharnais’s spot at practice (2013-11-12 11:28:34)
Just throwing this out there: Jaromir Jagr: 6 foot 3 inches, 240 pounds. Last 10 games = 10 points (on a bad Devils team). 2013-2014 salary = $2 million. Oh, and he really wanted to play here.
- Comment on Habs’ Emelin signs four-year contract extension (2013-11-01 12:16:54)
Except Shanny wasn't in charge then. It was still Colin Campbell, who supposedly wasn't involved in that decision because his kid plays for the Bruins, so it was allegedly one of his assistants.
- Comment on Sharks will be good test for Habs on HIO Summit weekend (2013-10-26 12:10:19)
Damn, I wonder if I could convince my wife that I need to go visit my family in Montreal for the night...alone. Anyone think she would buy that? Amazing gesture Trini.
- Comment on Welcome back, Saku (2013-10-24 12:09:17)
How can they both have been watching the puck if their heads were pointed in different directions?