DeadEnd - (Daniel DesChamps)Member since August 16, 2013
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-13 10:48:15)
Speaking as someone who works for a Crown Corp, I have crap pay and benefits for someone of my training/experience. The only positive I have is the pension, which I have serious doubts of collecting should I stay here another 25 year (which I need to collect in full). While I often complain of the careless spending on government employees, it is worthwhile to keep in mind that not all agencies/Crowns are treated the same.
- Comment on Subban, Habs submit salary figures; Lacroix new assistant coach (2014-07-31 13:31:53)
It's a little crazy to think that Prust, our supposed "policeman", is the smallest guy in that photo.
- Comment on Subban, Habs submit salary figures; Lacroix new assistant coach (2014-07-31 11:37:59)
Was interesting until I noticed he described Brodeur as a "butterfly" goaltender. Apparently, he's never actually seen Marty play. And Niemi is on the current list but not Crawford. Interesting.
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 12:59:31)
DD picked 2 Bruins. Time to ship him out.
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 15:57:03)
You might need to sneak Robert Duval into there somewhere.
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 14:44:17)
What is this...and actual hockey-related story to comment on? I'm so confused.
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-18 08:47:14)
Ok, I'm at the office but don't have the motivation to do anything yet, so I'll share my personal opinion on this whole golf/soccer thing. When/if I sit down to watch golf, I know what to expect: it's a start and stop sport where someone will take a shot and any excitement from a fan point of view is to see how well they've done. A tournament lasts 4 days so you can measure out your enthusiasm appropriately. With soccer, I will admit that I am not an expert and do not necessarily understand the tactics and strategies. I have only watched a few games from start to finish (the first being the Impact's first league championship, if I remember correctly). I recognize the amazing conditioning of the athletes involved and, especially due to the threats and violence faced by some of the players depending on where they are from, the incredible pressure to perform and win. That being said, I do not like soccer. At all. Where I always feel cheated is from the big tournaments like the World Cup or one of the big European championships. I'll see highlights on TSN or CBC and you see these fantastic, exciting plays. So I'll tune in to watch a game. That's when I realize that those 30 seconds of excitement that I saw during the highlights is the only real action that happened during a game. Watching a few players chase the ball the length of the field just to watch it go out of bounds into the corner or watch one of them comically fall down just doesn't do it for me. If I remember the stat correctly, Argentina had something like 7 shots in the final game, with 2 of them on goal. 2. In 90+ minutes. I'm sorry, but I just can't get into that. Curling, on the other hand, doesn't get nearly the attention that it should.
- Comment on Update: Habs development camp continues in Brossard (2014-07-09 16:14:48)
Any outs? Maybe a double play...
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-09 12:32:42)
One thing I wonder about that (the missing 15 games), is that we didn't have Weaver last year. It will be interesting to see if that makes a difference.
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-06 09:09:24)
I had the same thought the other day. Even with his declining numbers, he's still one of the better producers available out there. My only real concerns would be $ and his health.