Pieboy - (Lorne Korman)Member since July 10, 2010
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-02 21:05:01)
Its not his game that's the problem.
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-02 21:02:54)
Silliness. You would get rid of an intelligent, skilled, and hardworking two-way centre because he put his leg up in the penalty box? That one gesture? Geez... Plekanec is not easily replaceable, folks.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Nilan throws an elbow as Habs head to playoffs (2014-04-03 11:49:28)
I doubt the Canucks would trade Kassian. As others have said, Kassian recently has begun showing that he might be a keeper after all: Hard hitting forward, nasty, creates trouble along the boards, hard to move in front of the net, and maybe he can score. Canucks trading Schneider to draft Bo Horvath last year was another sign that this is exactly the type of player with which they want to rebuild. Trading Kassian would also be an admission that the trade for Cody Hodgins was a mistake. As others have said, I also don't think you trade Eller when his value is low. He'll be better than he has played recently.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-26 11:15:24)
I also really like Bournival, and he'll get better with time. However, he is not a replacement for Gionta's intelligence and skill at both ends of the rink.
- Comment on Celebrating NHL’s longest game, played March 24-25, 1936 (2014-03-24 10:44:32)
For all the Leafs' current problems, they are not that far from being a strong team. They have two outstanding young defense men who likely will be much better defensively in a year or two. Goaltending and cap space probably are their biggest challenges ahead. If Bernier delivers, the Leafs could be a stay-at-home defenseman or two away from being a contender. The view from the Toronto Star: http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2014/03/23/maple_leafs_fivegame_slide_doesnt_change_the_big_picture_cox.html I do wish Beaulieu, Tinordi and maybe also Pateryn were given more experience this year on the Habs. Though Bergevin hasn't squandered his draft picks, young talent also needs a chance to develop, including learning by making mistakes.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 66 – Brutal road trip ends with shutout loss (2014-03-08 20:37:23)
Yet repeatedly attacked by media and fans and ridden unceremoniously out of T.O.
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-04 15:34:52)
Right handed, solid defensively, and experienced.
- Comment on Habs hit the road on a hot streak; Drewiske clears waivers (2014-03-02 18:21:48)
I've watched Kesler often in Vancouver. He does have the heart of a lion, and at times has carried the Canucks on his back. He is frequently injured though.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 62 – Canadiens blow lead but beat Leafs in OT (2014-03-01 17:38:40)
Apples and oranges. Pateryn is a kid, and has size.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, gold-medal game: Canada 3, Sweden 0 (2014-02-23 20:08:35)
Maybe MB got ideas after seeing how Price can play when his defensemen clear the front of the net.