Silverthaw - (Greg DeMont)Member since July 17, 2013
Habs fan since: 1986
Favorite current player: Brandon Prust
All-time favorite player: Russ Courtnall
- Comment on McCarron shows soft hands in first rookie scrimmage (2013-09-08 16:27:08)
Roy was Erne's coach last year and Colorado didn't even take him in the second round despite him going only one or two picks later
- Comment on A summer of love, golf and hard work for Habs’ Prust (2013-08-10 11:21:26)
Thanks for the updates I think McCarron is not so much on the bubble as everyone thinks. I believe he would be playing if it was close. Big body is hard to replace and I think he will only get better before the tourny at Christmas as he plays with London.
- Comment on Habs prospect Hudon wants another shot with Team Canada (2013-08-07 16:32:59)
Trolls get to vote too... I had this discussion with my nephew yesterday and told him that if he gets to play the year with the Gally's he will get 25+.... Told him 27 when he asked me for a number. He said 21 but is disillusioned being a Flames fan
- Comment on Healthy Eller now 220 pounds and itching to get back on ice (2013-08-05 09:21:27)
Last year PK went to the dirty area's like Eller does. Adding weight will only help Eller. Pacioretty was a perimeter player. If Pacioretty slows down playing the type of hockey he did last year he will be way less effective. Hopefully it was just an off year for Pacioretty (or something else was off) and he has it corrected going into this year. He can be effective (25-35 goals), but should be dominating with his size and skill. Hopefully someone can make room for him like Cole did, if not he will have to use his size to create it for himself.
- Comment on Scott Gomez signs one-year deal with Panthers (2013-07-31 21:39:44)
Was there a serious discussion? didn't look it, all of the people arguing against Timmins just looked bored to me.
- Comment on Scott Gomez signs one-year deal with Panthers (2013-07-31 21:36:14)
- Comment on Habs listed at 25-1 odds to win Stanley Cup (2013-07-29 21:47:22)
We all hope he can follow in Bourque's footsteps. It was Bourque's attitude (seemingly didn't care) that was so frustrating, same can be said of Moen. He can play if he got over himself and plays for the team as opposed to worrying about spending time on the 4th line.
- Comment on Habs listed at 25-1 odds to win Stanley Cup (2013-07-29 21:42:40)
I agree... at times he looked like that, just not last year. If he don't check, he showed he can become pretty irrelevant very quickly. For several million dollars, he shouldn't be playing like Ryder without the talent. He should be playing the excellent shut down type role. Maybe JM ruined him, playing him in a role he isn't suited for.
- Comment on Habs listed at 25-1 odds to win Stanley Cup (2013-07-29 21:07:31)
We would really feel it if he missed half the season. A little more top end speed and he could have been one of the best. I for one am glad he is locked up and if (play him with 2 good wingers and you never know) he isn't a number one center, he will be really good as a number 2 to take the pressure of Gally.
- Comment on Habs listed at 25-1 odds to win Stanley Cup (2013-07-29 21:04:40)
Unlike Moen, I am expecting DD to have a bounce back year