desertman - (Taimur Tanoli)Member since July 12, 2013
Habs fan since: 2006
Favorite current player: Brandon Prust
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-02 13:36:41)
you can't actually be putting toronto in the same category as Paris or New York? Toronto is a poor man's new york. Its okay, not horrible. It lacks an actual identity, its more of a collection of a a few identities. The bar scene is filled with brawlers. The general maturity of the population seems to be a few years behind that of people from other cities. The people are very loud. These are just my opinions and putting it in the same category is just ridiculous.
- Comment on Habs, Rangers back on the ice Saturday for practices (Video) (2014-05-25 11:47:47)
man what a buzzkill, thanks for the update
- Comment on Habs, Rangers back on the ice Saturday for practices (Video) (2014-05-25 11:35:15)
First a nice round of golf on this beautiful day, then the Habs game and then Game of Thrones! Enjoy the day everyone!
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 2 – 3-1 loss drops Canadiens into 0-2 hole (2014-05-19 23:31:17)
this is just not true. subban was never offered, mcdonaugh was a throw in because gautheir didnt rate him at all. Sources in NY claim sather was shocked he managed to get mcdonaugh, he would have made the deal without him.
- Comment on Habs vs. Bruins will start Thursday night (2014-04-30 12:41:28)
how about the fact that Gorges isnt on any of the PK units? If hes not killing penalties and blocking shots, what exactly is he doing? lol
- Comment on Moen takes spot on fourth line as Habs prepare for Bruins (with practice video) (2014-04-28 00:55:08)
We arent going to play a super aggressive forecheck, our game plan will be considerably different than the way we played tampa. We NEED to be way better defensively to cope with Boston's ability to roll four lines. Moen is a far better play defensively that bournival and along with Pleky, forms one of the best PK units in the league. Considering the bruins have finally got the PP clicking, this will be critical. Its a good move that will payoff. Also Briere and Weise have been more valuable to the line up.
- Comment on Moen takes spot on fourth line as Habs prepare for Bruins (with practice video) (2014-04-27 18:38:54)
I could not have said it any better!
- Comment on Habs will open playoff series Wednesday night in Tampa (2014-04-13 15:05:44)
Great end to a really good season. Really looking forward to the playoffs. I'm going to be in london watching the game at the Maple Leaf pub! If anyone is going to be there, lets grab a pint! p.s just watched the liverpool game at a british pub in barcelona, AMAZING!
- Comment on St. Patrick’s Day at Bell Centre; Habs send Bournival to Hamilton for conditioning (2014-03-18 10:41:02)
I moved to Canada and Montreal in 2006. I had lived in Europe and the Middle East my whole life so I knew very little about hockey. I was with a buddy and he said its saturday night, we are going to watch the habs game (I had no idea the habs were the same thing as the Canadiens). I went to his place where his living room was packed. We were playing the maple leafs. My dad spent many years in toronto and obviously trying to one up my dad, i chose to dislike the city well before I knew about hockey. Once I discovered that habs fans also dislike toronto it was a match made in heaven. Add the fact that i fell in love with hockey right away, it was an easy decision. Oh and Im a liverpool fan and they had the same owners at the time, so that was just fate telling me i needed to be a habs fan.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-13 11:34:15)
Im not typically a coach hater but I was at the game yesterday and about half way through the first, the bruins 2nd line gets caught on the ice for over a minute and ices the puck. What does Therrien do? He throws out our 4th line!!! @!!@%@#%!#%!@#%!%@# I went completely ballistic in the stands. Way to not take advantage of a great situation! I am still trying to comprehend what the bajezzzus he was thinking. Hes awful and if he throws vanek back with pleks and gio, i might lose it completely.