Arnou RuelleMember since July 8, 2013
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 19:40:55)
Please don't include #3! Ppl. are not happy from what the Rangers had done to our team.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 19:39:07)
We can't run to too many scenarios. But if there is someone who may fill-in Subban's shoes, who and where is that guy?
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 19:35:10)
Maybe a drink, mano a mano, would suffice between GM and player in Old Montreal (Assuming they don't get caught talking).
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 19:22:54)
I believe that MB sees in Subban as a marquee player. But, he's just too expensive and not yet worth $8-9 million. I was listening to Brian Wilde this morning on TSN 690 and this PK contract situation is now comparable to Mark Streit. I believe the whole organization underestimated Streit's performance and Wilde was right. Look what happened to the McDonagh-Gomez trade, its another example of poor management. Whether you believe in curses or not, it seems the Habs has been "cursed" with poor management for the past 20 years! Hate to say it but that's the issue we've seen since 1994.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 19:11:40)
I think its too late. Even if this stage where a deal can be made within this 48 hour span, it looks like both sides will wait till Monday for the decision.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 19:05:42)
So, it has now come to this! If Marc Bergevin screws this up and the Arbitrator agrees Subban for a 1yr. $8.5 million, this is going to be bad, really bad! Whatever the current GM is thinking, he’d better have a ‘backup plan’ in the next few years. This organization has not learned from the wrongs of the past: Serge Savard trading Chris Chelios to Chicago, Roy trade to Colorado! Furthermore, if Subban leaves for another team after two seasons (or after next season), the Habs absolutely lost two marquee stud Dmen in less than 10 years (Ryan McDonagh being the first). Luckily, Subban chose to stay here for 5 years. Maybe its high time that Bergevin should make a costly decision by trading Subban this season. Since he and mgmt. has damaged this relationship with #76, the best way to alleviate this is getting a marquee player from either of the 29 teams. In that way, it will help heal both sides’ egos and make this course “business as usual.” This is the thing that I don’t understand, If Bergevin could’ve known that in 2 years Subban will be where he’s at, why make a gamble for his services by giving him a bridge contract? Possible answer: the Habs have underestimated PK Subban. If Bergy wasn’t sure about Subban, why didn’t he waived his RFA status instead? If two years, a Norris Trophy, a leader status is not enough to convince MB, then what? This doesn’t make sense!
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-29 20:34:13)
Aside from player contracts, who here are in favour of additional changes w/c should be made for next season: a) Coach’s Challenge b) Additional Video Review
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-29 20:23:16)
I think everybody, especially both Eng. and Fra. media should just relax with the whole PK contract thing. Too much speculation about signing this week or arbitration is being brought out. I'm not really too hyped for this sort of reports and whether he decides to stay long term or not, I as a Habs fan should not be anxious about it. Subban deserves to make his decisions regarding his tenure in MTL. So, for everybody sake, "Relax and just Chill."
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-25 09:50:09)
I’m guessing that before Aug. 20 arrives, Subban would now have a big whoppa’ contract worth $64+ million for the next 8 years (maybe $72-$75 million). He’s going to sign maybe before Aug. 1 and next week this deal will be done.
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 18:26:16)
Well the best thing with Eller's contract is that he has no NTC, w/c means he can be traded if Habs chooses to do so...