Andy - (Andrew Stansell)Member since July 6, 2013
Habs fan since: 1981
Favorite current player: Tomas Plekanec
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on Subban and Price invited to pre-Olympic orientation camp (2013-07-23 12:26:21)
Not that long ago Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Boston did not have very good teams, but they drafted well (helped the Penguins being so bad they got the first overall pick and got Crosby) and have been able to maintain their competitiveness. Unfortunately Montreal has for the longest time just tried to throw teams together and hope for the best.
- Comment on McCarron signs entry-level contract, off to Knights; Duffy signs with ‘Dogs (2013-07-12 14:57:03)
I guess it is more of a question of would have Briere taken a contract with more bonus and less base salary. If he would go this route would we have to up the total of potential bonuses he could achieve to get him to sign.
- Comment on Duffy, Leblanc shine as curtain falls on Habs development camp (2013-07-08 21:42:15)
It always snow balls in the media, as soon as one person, site, network or paper mentions a possible signing or that some player has interest, the stories seem to create a life of their own.
- Comment on Duffy, Leblanc shine as curtain falls on Habs development camp (2013-07-08 21:40:16)
I agree with you about Max, he uses his big body to shield the puck from defenders and drives to the net or shoots. So what if he does not go out and hit everything that moves, he plays his style.
- Comment on Duffy, Leblanc shine as curtain falls on Habs development camp (2013-07-08 21:32:39)
I put my vote in the no column, like I have said before he is not fast enough for our style of play and would rather see one of our younger players get the playing time.
- Comment on Duffy, Leblanc shine as curtain falls on Habs development camp (2013-07-08 18:17:32)
Not every team had the same amount of back to back games.
- Comment on Habs sign Fournier, three more prospects; camp ends Sunday (2013-07-07 21:59:52)
- Comment on Habs sign Fournier, three more prospects; camp ends Sunday (2013-07-07 21:59:01)
Arnou makes a good point about the higher taxes for the players in Montreal. I wonder if it was reversed and Montreal had low to no tax and had basically more money to work with (by this I mean, when negotiating with players they could tell them there take home would be more than if they signed a higher contract in a more taxed city) then the league would step in and do a balanced cap based on taxation rates, but since the taxation is lower in the southern struggling team states (for example Dallas) they league lets it go to try and give them an advantage in attracting talent and hoping they can be successful and attract fans. Maybe I am just a conspiracy nut on this.
- Comment on Habs sign Fournier, three more prospects; camp ends Sunday (2013-07-07 21:44:34)
From what I hear Brunner is looking for a big raise (not sure how much above his contract this year but i would think a big bump) on this contract and his limited play in the NHL may be making some GM think twice.
- Comment on Habs sign Fournier, three more prospects; camp ends Sunday (2013-07-06 20:53:29)
I believe Corbin signed a contract with the Bulldogs, not with Montreal.