jacquesthemonkey - (Daniel Guay)Member since July 6, 2013
Habs fan since: 1965
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Ken Dryden
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-07 08:25:21)
And how many teams have $10M in cap space available for 1 player and are willing to give up the 1st round draft choices?
- Comment on Canadiens will retire Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 (2014-06-18 15:55:35)
Long overdue. Would have happened sooner if he wasn't overshadowed by such a star-studded team.
- Comment on Habs sign Weise to two-year contract (2014-06-17 15:02:32)
Agreed. I love watching Weezer play.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-17 10:03:24)
Beaulieu is definitely the better puck handler but they may need Tinordi as well for his physical presence to fill the void left by Murray.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-17 09:29:46)
I think Beaulieu has the edge at the moment based on his play in the playoffs. A very strong training camp by Pateryn or Tinordi could shake that up though.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-17 08:42:27)
Sure, could be that they weren't ready but I think at least 1 should have been given regular ice time with the big team, most likely Beaulieu. Plenty of mistakes would have been made but I don't think he would have been any worse than Murray.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-17 08:17:34)
I think he'll get top bucks on his offensive ability alone.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-17 08:16:02)
I think part of the reason that MB has to sign Markov is that the Habs didn't ease more rookies into the defensive corps last year. Is Therrien really going to start more than one rookie on D at one time? I doubt it. No matter how well they play during training camp MB/MT will favour experience on the blue line.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-10 07:19:27)
A lot of players had prolonged scoring droughts such DD, Eller, Chucky, Bourque. Unless they all have another slump, I think the Habs will score more. That being said, a Vanek-type winger would be a good addition.
- Comment on Rangers fan Jimmy Fallon rubs it in a bit after winning bet with Habs (2014-06-04 12:34:05)
Kreider will take out Quick in the first game so he won't be a factor.