Casanova - (J M)Member since June 21, 2013
Habs fan since: 1984
Favorite current player: P.K. Subban
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on Liveblog: Down 3-0, Canadiens rally and win in Shootout (2014-10-11 22:03:12)
I never thought they could come back from that 32-0 deficit... but they did it! Never say die!
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 22:42:12)
The X number of jobs created is seen, but that which is not seen is the X number of jobs that were not created when the neccessary taxes were collected. In other words, prior to being taxed the citizens would have used that money to purchase goods of their choice thereby creating jobs. (1) It is likely that the citizens would have spent the money on more productive things than what the government spent it on... (2) It can be argued that forcefully removing someone's property (taxing) is immoral just as stealing is immoral. http://mises.org/page/1434/That-Which-Is-Seen-and-That-Which-Is-Not-Seen
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-12 21:52:34)
Bump for RW
- Comment on Habs will clear out lockers Saturday in Brossard (2014-05-30 14:15:31)
Oh, and how could I forget: Vanek! If we can squeeze him in under the cap then no-doubt, re-sign him. We will not be able to find a goal-scorer of his caliber. He makes the team much better. Forget about his terrible playoffs. His soft hands are his best weapon (stick handling in tight, great shot, good pass) but one of them was broken...
- Comment on Habs will clear out lockers Saturday in Brossard (2014-05-30 14:07:05)
What a run! I was just a little kid when the Canadiens won the cup in 93. From there it has been a pretty tough road. The very dark years of Tremblay and Houle. I cried when Roy (my favorite player) was traded. Then the years of Savard, Gainey, Gauthier bumbling arond more or less in the middle of the pack. This playoff run was the first time for me that I actually started to wonder if it could really be happening! Like many have said, this team is looking bright. It's not just the talent that is developing but also the culture. And on that, I wanted to share a few thoughts about what we might see from Bergevin this summer. Stubbs' interview with Molson was an interesting one. There was one line that really stuck out for me. Molson mentioned that one of the planks of Bergevins philosophy is stability. For that reason I think we might see a lot of the guys coming back: On D: 1. Weaver, re-sign him, a no-brainer, a solid bottom pairing or depth D 2. Markov, re-sign him, no way to replace him, STABILITY 3. Bouillon and Murray, gone Up front: 1. Gionta, I hate watching him play, he annoys me, last night he played terribly, did anyone else see that blind pass right up the middle of our zone which led to a scoring chance in the 3rd? Terrible! BUT, he is wearing the C. So getting rid of him means you need to select a new captain. A big question in terms of team culture. I believe that the next captain has to be Subban. He is a leader and a winner. Anyone who watched this playoff run could see it. But Bergevin and Therrien probably don’t think he’s ready for it. So for that reason only, I think we might see Gionta come back on a cheap 3rd line contract to wear the C for a couple more years… What do you think? 2. Weisse, a no-brainer 3. White, probably gone but I hope they bring him back for depth, I like him 4. Parros, gone What a year!
- Comment on Habs looking to clinch playoff home-ice advantage vs. Islanders (2014-04-10 14:47:29)
I really like the idea of an Eller - Bournival - Gallaher 3rd line...
- Comment on HI/O Show: Nilan throws an elbow as Habs head to playoffs (2014-04-03 11:57:12)
Maybe they want to go with the Red Wings model of letting the young guys develop in the minors... Do you like that approach?
- Comment on Habs get day off after loss to Bruins (2014-03-13 21:02:52)
Forget about the money. We weren't paying Gomez to sit on the bench but that's where he belonged.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 19:54:56)
So basically: Vanek Weaver Dubnyk for Collberg 2nd
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 15:46:59)
Vanek - Desharnais - Paccioretty Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher Gionta - Plekanec - Briere Prust - White - Weiss Moen - Bournival - Bourque Subban - Gorges Markov - Emelin Murray - Weaver Tinordi - Beaulieu Drewiske - Bouillon Price Budaj Dubnyk Talk about depth!!