The_Truth - (James Jagger)Member since May 26, 2013
Habs fan since: 1987
Favorite current player: Crosby
All-time favorite player: Mario Lemieux
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-08 14:47:52)
He shouldn't get more than 8 million per year. probably a case of asking high to negotiate a little lower.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-08 14:46:23)
I don't think anyone would give up a 1st rounder for Gio. He is not an impact player, but a complimentary piece. Maybe a 2nd. In that case I would keep him for the Habs run. He is more valuable for us than a 2nd rounder or 2nd tier prospect.
- Comment on Michel Therrien: Habs fourth line ‘a big reason why we won the game’ (Video) (2013-12-08 00:39:12)
Its 30 games in, and although the Habs look good now, nobody is mistaking them for the the Cup champs, Blackhawks. It's way too early to say that if we don't call them contenders it's embarrassing. As for HIO polls, 50% of respondents said Eller would finish top 10 in league scoring after 10 games this season, so that tells you all you need to know about them.
- Comment on Michel Therrien: Habs fourth line ‘a big reason why we won the game’ (Video) (2013-12-08 00:29:57)
We were tearing into Lucic for doing the same thing against Laraque and crucified George for not jumping him. Well Thorton was no Laraque.
- Comment on Michel Therrien: Habs fourth line ‘a big reason why we won the game’ (Video) (2013-12-08 00:22:50)
He saw it coming and did what he did earlier in the game. Play meek. Thorton grabbed him first and pulled him down. He didn't just clock him. If I was Orpik, I would have had hypervigilance after the earlier altercation.
- Comment on Michel Therrien: Habs fourth line ‘a big reason why we won the game’ (Video) (2013-12-08 00:13:14)
What Thorton did was wrong, but it did send a message. I don't want to seem callous, but when you hurt the Bruins players there is a price to pay. At least when it's borderline or dirty. Max hurt Boychuk, but it was clean and they left him alone. BTW, How do you think the Pens will act next time? Orpik has got to protect himself playing the way he does. You are not dealing with Laraque out there and you will be hurt if you don't.
- Comment on Michel Therrien: Habs fourth line ‘a big reason why we won the game’ (Video) (2013-12-08 00:01:56)
A ton of credit has to go to the coaching staff. Through and through, they are doing an excellent job. Really impressive. That goes to MT, Daigneault, Gallant, Waite and the gang.
- Comment on Michel Therrien: Habs fourth line ‘a big reason why we won the game’ (Video) (2013-12-07 23:54:06)
A nice win, but the Habs had plenty of passengers tonight. I thought Prust, Moen and White all played their best game this season and were very strong. Them along with Pleks were the teams best players. Liked Murray a lot as well. PK was iffy and is not making a great case for Sochi right now. Briere is nonexistent and is MB's worst move so far. Yes, even over DD's contract. Eller looked pretty bad as well and really is turning the puck over at center the last few games. Now he's lost his buddy Chucky. Really thought Gio was bad as well. Overall a win is a win, but the Habs have been very fortunate and timely lately and are not as good as they seem. They are still a good team and deserve kudos, especially the coaching staff. They need to make a move though, to solidify their ranking.
- Comment on Habs get a well-deserved day off (2013-12-06 15:39:53)
Jets wouldn't want anything to do with Leblanc. It would have to be Beaulieu or Tinordi. If LL could play on the 3rd line, scoring 10-15 goals or more, he would be on the team. I don't think he is an NHL player and probably will never be.
- Comment on Habs get a well-deserved day off (2013-12-06 15:38:29)
Briere has looked ok, but the coach is really protecting him and he seems to be more of an early game player. He only played like 10mins last night. I don't like him being signed through next season.