The_Truth - (James Jagger)Member since May 26, 2013
Habs fan since: 1987
Favorite current player: Crosby
All-time favorite player: Mario Lemieux
- Comment on Stubbs is all wet (don’t say it) for ALS research (2014-08-25 02:53:39)
It's time those kids get a real shot, but I wouldn't get too carried away with the D squad being called the best in the league in a year. Many teams have D prospects as good or better than those 3.
- Comment on Stubbs is all wet (don’t say it) for ALS research (2014-08-25 02:48:20)
Gilbert is an upgrade offensively of course, but is he overall? Not too sure about that.
- Comment on Stubbs is all wet (don’t say it) for ALS research (2014-08-25 02:46:06)
All quite reasonable except the last one IMO. Have the Habs improved over last season? Marginally perhaps, but quite possibly not. I see them as having the same kind of team with the same kind of question marks. Offense was the main problem last year (as the year before), with trouble sustaining a forecheck to create scoring chances as well as net presence 5 on 5 and the PP. Really showed in the Playoffs, despite their run. I just don't see that as being improved. It's just a good thing this team isn't in the West as I feel their playoff hopes would be slim. A good team, but not great.
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 15:15:40)
I'll pay more attention next season, in what should be a year where Chucky gets a bigger role, but although having a good wrist shot, I never was awed by it, like let's say with Kovalev, where his wrister was jaw-dropping.
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 15:03:32)
I agree, and don't see Chucky as having a particularly noteworthy release. Guys like Patches and Cammalerri and Kovalev are good examples of an elite release. Even Ryder, maybe not elite, was very good. Chucky isn't in that category. I think Krob mentioned Chucky as being a better playmaker than DD, and no way we have seen examples of that yet.
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 14:58:27)
After what DD and Max did together the past 3 years and as well in Hamilton I wouldn't break them up. They have a special bond and you can't argue with the results. It actually hurts DD a little as I believe he would be a better goalscorer if he wasn't with Patches. He looks for him a little too much. I don't believe Patches does nearly as well, with any other center on the team. DD basically gift wrapped at least 10 of his goals last year.
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 14:54:42)
I love Larry, but Chara would kill him, no contest.
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 14:51:39)
I agree with you on Gallagher, but not for now. Still young and growing into his role. You have to give it To Pleks and Markov, in that order IMO. After 3 years, when those guys are gone, Then Gallagher could be a good choice. I would give Subban an A, but not a C.
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-28 03:51:56)
Going over the thread and saw discussion ok PK being the most talented player this team has seen in 30 years. He is quite good and this team hasn't had many star players, outside of goal, the past 3 decades, but Kovalev was a much more talented player than PK.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-14 01:52:36)
If its Pleks, Subban and a 1st for Malkin and Letang, what is so complicated? Any deal with Malkin in it and you go for it IMO.