Ktowner - (Tim Nash)Member since May 7, 2013
Habs fan since: 1964
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Doug Harvey
- Comment on Habs acquire Oilers defenceman Jeff Petry and Sabres forwards Brian Flynn and Torrey Mitchell at NHL trade deadline (2015-03-02 19:32:21)
Reading through the comments here and it seems that many are not satisfied with the moves MB made these past few days. Second guessing the GM, pointing out problems with certain players and such. The way I see things, there were not many deals to be made, not many players in play and all teams seemed to be very wary of the salary cap next season. I think MB did quite well adding depth while not disrupting the core of guys that have us second overall. Let me say that again. Second overall. First in the East with a goaltender who is the front runner for the Vezina and the Hart. A team with a forward leading the league in plus minus, the top defensive pairing and some even whispering Norris and even Selke. Let's see what this team does down the stretch and how the new additions fit into the mix. Bring on the playoffs!!
- Comment on Habs acquire Oilers defenceman Jeff Petry and Sabres forwards Brian Flynn and Torrey Mitchell at NHL trade deadline (2015-03-02 17:04:25)
Perhaps but, he didn't give anything up.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens beat mighty Blues (2015-02-24 20:50:01)
Typical first for our Habs, generated 6 shots the only real difference is we are up by 1 and we limited one of the best teams to only 7 shots. Hope Price doesn't fall asleep. (just kidding) Looking forward to DSP.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Red Wings preview: Gilbert will take Gonchar’s spot for Habs (2015-02-16 17:15:03)
Talk like that will get you banned!
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Red Wings preview: Gilbert will take Gonchar’s spot for Habs (2015-02-15 19:49:15)
I can't see any player with a contract the size of Kessel's in the mix given the cap issues our Habs will have especially with the need to get Chuckie under contract. I could see a rental at the deadline a high scoring forward but unless more contracts are shred by MB before now and March 2nd, a big name signing just won't happen.
- Comment on Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Sekac, Gilbert healthy scratches for Habs (2015-02-13 21:33:56)
You can come over and rake my driveway if you want.
- Comment on Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Sekac, Gilbert healthy scratches for Habs (2015-02-13 20:56:04)
I don't want to see Eller traded. Perhaps I am in the minority here but I really think he has a tremendous upside that was revealed last year in the playoffs. Sure, he is in a bit of a funk right now but how much of that is the fault of MT who constantly shuffles him from one line to the next, changes his role and generally shows a lack of faith in him. Does this team need a player or two to put them in the position to be a serious threat? Well of course but the real question in my mind is who do you subtract?
- Comment on Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Sekac, Gilbert healthy scratches for Habs (2015-02-13 17:58:55)
Part of me is very worried about the game tomorrow and part of me is brimming with the confidence that comes from believing in a team that finds a way to win. This edition of the Habs can't look good against the lowliest of teams yet they come to play against the best. It looks good going into the playoffs but a first vs eighth first round scares the bejeezus out of me. In Price I trust.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens winless in February (2015-02-03 20:07:55)
Easy now, that's the best goalie in the world you are dissing bud.
- Comment on About this afternoon … (2015-02-01 17:25:18)
Losing to a western team not in a playoff spot is not that bad. Two afternoon games back to back worked against the team today, lethargic, panicky and generally out of sorts. Put it behind and move forward. Good on the young Arizona 'tender getting hos first win in his first start in his home town. He will remember it for a long time.