synthpro - (Bryce Herron)Member since May 3, 2013
Habs fan since: 1977
Favorite current player: P.K. Subban
All-time favorite player: Alexei Kovelev
- Comment on Former Hab Ryan White signs with Flyers (2014-08-08 07:17:31)
The dark horse in all this is Galchenyuk and weather he can have a breakout season. He's only 20! And already has two years in the NHL. He can possibly be our new Vanik for the entire year. You swap him with plekaniks on lines two and three and I think he will get 25 goals minimum.
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-06 06:12:30)
I'm not sure he will be or should be. I truly think Gallagher is right for the job and should be co captain with Markov this year.
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-06 06:09:18)
It should read that fans are RELIEVED that the arbitration process is over with the result of him signing. I Could care less now how Subban feels about the arbitration. We have him signed now for 8 years!
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-04 08:20:14)
Am I the only one here who turns down the volume whenever sports atheletes speaks? I love Subban and everyone comments on how fresh he is when he speaks. However, I would have to agree, but only to a certain extent. He's a tad more interesting to listen to than the average nhl player, but overall, he spits out the same rubbish and standard anecdotes as everyone else. All morning on team 690 it was sound bite after sound bite of PK saying "it's a process", "I'm thrilled to be here", "MB worked so closely" blah blah blah. I want to barf whenever I hear atheletes talk. They should get way less air time.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 16:51:36)
You act as though you knew Subban was going to perform the way he did. 20 / 20 is always hindsight. When Vanik came, we were all wishing he would sign with us for 7 million a year. Then when the playoffs came to an end, we were all happy he never signed here. Nobody has a crystal ball and you just never know.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-02 10:32:40)
Technically yes, but if you read into subbans comments after the arbitration hearing, he essentially said he will not bother entertaining anymore offers and will just play for whatever length and amount of time the arbitrator decides on - basically saying it's too late for the Canadians to make him another offer.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-02 10:29:59)
Well I greatly question your passion as a Canadians fan if you find it comical that our superstar has only two years left on this team.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-02 09:40:15)
I guess Michael Cammalleri was right when commenting on the Canadians organization a few days before he was traded - "a team with a 'losing attitude'." This situation right here tells me that there was something correct about those comments. When Subban leaves in two years, Carey price will be right behind him when his contract runs out and the building blocks of what could be a Stanley cup winning team will all fall apart, Bergevin and therein need to be fired. I will not be following the Canadians anymore just so I can wait to see them rebuild for another 20 years.
- Comment on Habs hold practice in Florida without Plekanec (2014-03-29 07:57:48)
He's right! Just look at Vancouver and the Sedin twins. Washington and Ovechkin. Don Cherry makes sense most of the time. That and he's a proud Canadian.
- Comment on Habs return home on winning note (2014-01-03 23:24:56)
George's sounds like a complete moron. His pep rallies are so obvious, lame and corny. They actually look very staged (kind of like there is no meaning to his words and certainly lacks sincerity). I almost think he does it only to pep himself up and to look good in front of the room. I'm sure a smart guy like Paceretty or Subban must roll their eyes every time this baboon speaks, but instead they have to pretend to look interested. For that reason alone, Markov should be the next Captain.