habfan100 - (Arvy)Member since April 27, 2013
Habs fan since: Forever
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on HI/O Show: ‘One of the wildest games I’ve ever seen’ (2014-05-28 22:30:26)
Haven't been to a playoff game at the United Center but I was there for a regular season game vs Columbus after they won the cup. The atmosphere was pretty good but not on the level of the Bell Centre. Having said that, it beats any other arena I have been to by a mile, ACC (Worst arena) and First Niagara Center in Buffalo.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 5 – Canadiens win wild one to stay alive (2014-05-27 19:21:18)
We started the party early boys...half the 26er of Johnnie Walker black is gone, were gone through a few Cohiba's and the chicken fried rice is going good....GO HABS GO!!!
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 5 – Canadiens win wild one to stay alive (2014-05-27 18:09:36)
Habs win tonight boys, no doubt...this is gonna be a repeat of Game 6 last round!
- Comment on Habs’ Price skates in full equipment, but Therrien says he’s not ready to play (2014-05-27 15:04:41)
Man, I hope the Habs crush the hell out of this Rangers team tonight. Bring back Prust in Game 6 and smash em around.
- Comment on ‘This isn’t something that can’t be done,’ Habs’ Gionta says of a comeback (2014-05-26 18:52:21)
Habs in 7. Game 5 will be their best game of the series so far, I'm calling for a 4-1 win. I'm loading up for tomorrow's game hosted at my place with a few buds. 48 cans of Molson Ex, a 26oz of Johnnie Walker Black Label, 3 packs of cigarettes, a few Cohiba's and $100.00 to spend on Chinese food delivery. Am I missing anything? PS. I got rally towels in da house too!
- Comment on ‘This isn’t something that can’t be done,’ Habs’ Gionta says of a comeback (2014-05-26 17:01:29)
Going forward there are some positives to look at in this series. 1. Tokarski has been playing better every game and with much more confidence. I was at Game 2 during his playoff debut and you could see the jitters. 2. The Canadiens have responded well when facing elimination at home and on the road. 4-0 and 3-1 wins. 3. 2 of our 3 wins required to win this series are at Home. This would be much more difficult if we had to win 2 at MSG.
- Comment on ‘This isn’t something that can’t be done,’ Habs’ Gionta says of a comeback (2014-05-26 16:17:44)
3-1 isn't the end of the world and I truly do believe we will win Game 5. 4-1 or something. Game 5 will be the best game the Habs have played so far. Vanek & Bournival out, White & Moen in. We need to use our speed but we also need to start hitting these guys. When we threw the body around in Game 3, NYR started getting rid of the puck ASAP. If I am wrong, and they blow it there are some major changes required. You can't lose 3 straight at home in a 7 game series. Game 6 on the other hand is a completely different story. That's going to be the game to see who steps up on this team. Tell you one thing though, Brandon Prust will be in that lineup. Game 5 lineup Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher Galchenyuk - Eller - Weise Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta Moen - Briere - White Markov - Subban Gorges - Emelin Beaulieu - Weaver
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-26 10:50:47)
Game 5 is at Home, they better play like they did in Game 6 against the Bruins. It's not over, gotta take it one game at a time. Having said that...Vanek needs to sit. I would rather have Ryan White's energy in for Game 5. Habs can't look ahead as others have mentioned. It's one game at a time, and the next one is at home where we are due for a good game. A positive is we play very well when facing elimination. 4-0 vs Boston at home and 3-1 in Game 7. Granted it's a different team, however I don't see us losing Game 5. Vanek needs to sit, need to tighten up the D not to give up breakaways, and get this powerplay going.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 4 – St. Louis scores in OT, pushes Canadiens to the brink (2014-05-25 23:42:19)
3-1 is never over, especially with Home ice...but man we need a friggin spark here.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 4 – St. Louis scores in OT, pushes Canadiens to the brink (2014-05-25 23:37:36)
At this point, you take it one game at a time. You're at home for Game 5, must win literally, Bench Vanek, either he's injured or lazy or just Austrian....bottom line is he is too soft. PP needs work, man...Toker played so well...and we thought goaltending would be the issue?