TPT Petes - (Joe Hartnett)Member since April 12, 2013
Habs fan since: 1967
Favorite current player: Brendan Gallagher
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens beat mighty Blues (2015-02-24 23:14:17)
TSN.ca hasn't updated the standings to show the Habs win. No surprise there
- Comment on Liveblog: P.K. the hero in OT win (2015-01-20 22:56:01)
Even ESPN has updated the Habs in the standings. I'm not one to call into TSN 690 but if any of you are regular callers would be interesting to hear what the guys on the morning show had to say about this. They'd probably have to tow the company line.
- Comment on Liveblog: P.K. the hero in OT win (2015-01-20 22:49:23)
- Comment on Liveblog: P.K. the hero in OT win (2015-01-20 22:44:53)
I know this is trivial, but the Toronto Sports Network (TSN) always delays updating the standings after a Habs win. When Toronto wins (rare) the standings are updated almost immediately. I'm still waiting for them to show tonights victory. Nothing yet, although Detroits win is already showing in the standings.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-18 07:49:40)
Agreed, the commentating was as dull as senior ladies golf, if there is such a thing. But the worst part of it was Glen Healy's rink side colour commentating. Was easy to tell he was hoping for an Islander victory so he could go on about how great he was in his days with the Ilses. Bad enough listening to him when the leafs face us. I find this guy so annoying to listen to. Romanuk is usually better but not last night. So much dead air. For a game that should have had me jumping up and down with excitement, 1st period pp goal by PK, fight by Prust (though indecisive), goals by some players who really needed to break out of slumps, I was having trouble staying awake. Though partly my own fault as i was watching in delayed time using PVR. Great win by the boys last night!
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-22 09:57:22)
Just watched the Prout beat down on Lucic. Not that I approve of the stick to the crotch prior to the beautiful one punch dropping of this creep, but i think it shows that players around the league are sick of Lucic's dirty stick work. It's about time he gets to taste some of his own medicine. Makes me so happy to see a true bully get his comeuppance.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens trounce Bruins for fourth in a row (2014-11-13 23:09:24)
watched the game from my favorite bar stool at McKibbons. Last time I was in town I attended the game live and felt I didn't get my money's worth. Tonight was full value. So nice to see Weise and Beaulieu win their fights asgainst our arch rivals. Nice to see Sekac bring added firing power to the offense and Gonchar bring a calming influence to the defense. Chucky is turning into a powerhouse. Stands out as the most talented player on the ice when he's out there. We may have something really good going with this team. I think it's a way better team than the one that faced the Rangers in the semi's
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-22 12:37:16)
Thanks HH, I've read your comments before and never thought of you as such a pacifist that you would be disgusted that one of these creeps has been killed by our sergeant at arms.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-22 12:01:04)
When someone shoots one of our soldiers then runs into our Parliament Bldg with obvious intent to kill again, I cheer the fact that he is now dead. Hope they kill the other gunmen soon
- Comment on Habs recall Bournival from Hamilton; battle for jobs on fourth line (with practice video) (2014-10-21 10:44:19)
Awesome!! that's the one. Much appreciated!