Blade - (Glen)Member since April 12, 2013
Habs fan since: 1968
Favorite current player: PK
All-time favorite player: Lafleur/Naslund/Roy
- Comment on Liveblog: Rookie De La Rose bags pair as Canadiens beat Columbus (2015-02-26 19:09:30)
Toronto gets rid of Clarkson contract and puts Horton on long term injury reserve, still pays Horton (which they can afford) and gets the cap relief. Columbus was paying Horton for not playing....which they cannot afford. They now are paying for a player (Clarkson) that is actually playing. Win/Win. Columbus is not a spend to the cap team. Think about it a little bit and it will make sense. This is not a trade based on hockey talent...pure economics.
- Comment on Liveblog: Rookie De La Rose bags pair as Canadiens beat Columbus (2015-02-26 19:01:12)
It's actually a very smart deal for both teams. Makes a lot of sense
- Comment on Liveblog: Rookie De La Rose bags pair as Canadiens beat Columbus (2015-02-26 19:00:22)
He is good and would be good on this team. The contract is the problem. Not worth it.
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 10:48:46)
Wow...I am stunned. Need to process this a little.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-19 08:25:31)
Don't have the ingredients? Let me check a few: 1) Clutch, superstar goalie? Check 2) Two stud defencemen? Check 3) Strength up the middle? Needs work, but are developing 4) Team toughness (different from goon toughness)? Check 5) Size? Needs work for sure 6) Defensive awareness? Check I agree anything can happen in the first round and a lot of posters are predicting doom, but I will take my chances with this team as is.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Senators preview: Tokarski, Pateryn, Sekac in lineup for Habs (2015-02-18 17:42:31)
Did you pee in his cornflakes?
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-15 10:23:13)
I agree with all your points. But as far as with the Habs...I just don't think the contract makes it realistic for MB to make play for him.
- Comment on Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Sekac, Gilbert healthy scratches for Habs (2015-02-14 15:50:18)
Agreed. Kessel's contract stinks.....hands off!
- Comment on Oilers vs. Canadiens preview: Tokarski will start in goal for Habs (2015-02-11 14:28:51)
I read something about this not too long ago. All Habs playoffs games will be broadcast with no blackouts
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-11 07:11:27)
When do we play Tampa again? The way the Habs are playing right now would be a good indication of how they stack up. I think/it would be a whale of a game.