aHabGrowsInBrooklyn - (chester jenkins)Member since April 11, 2013
Habs fan since: 1982
Favorite current player: Gallagher!
All-time favorite player: Ken Dryden
- Comment on Subban, Habs submit salary figures; Lacroix new assistant coach (2014-07-30 16:34:12)
Don't forget that PK will earn a lot of extra money from sponsorships and advertising deals. And let's not forget that this is his agent talking with M Bergevin, not PK himself. He's as much a spectator as we are.
- Comment on Subban, Habs submit salary figures; Lacroix new assistant coach (2014-07-30 16:21:31)
$7,500,000 for 8 years. No reason why PK should make more than Shea Weber.
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-23 22:19:05)
While we're taking about DD: Where would Pacioretty be without him? DD almost always finds the tape on Patches' stick in the heat of play. I was a DD hater, but now think that he's a great center for the Habs' top scorer, and there's serious value in that. (A big nasty power forward would complete their line. Cole was good. Whatshisname, that Austrian bloke, had his moments, but a big strong guys who will drive the net and draw a defender and make space for DD & MP… That would totally do the trick.) Grow Habs Grow!
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-23 22:06:19)
Class act, Patrice Brisebois. Long may he break wood.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-14 23:13:47)
Huh. That may be the first time I've been ceñš0ręð, as I referred to a fellow rëd-hëãð as bēïng 1nbřėď. Go figure. Habs ain't no cap relief dumping ground; not with Bergevin steering the ship. What we need are more players whose names sound great when intoned by Michel Lacroix. René Bourque being the perfect example. Especially the playoff version of him.
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-07 23:27:55)
Good little piece about Scherbak and Sekac on TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=456680 Both kids seem to have their heads on their shoulders. Scherbak's favuorite Russian player? Datsyuk. I approve.
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-07 23:12:10)
Re: Plekanec and speed… As was mentioned, he tends to pot a few shorties every season, and you can't do that without the speed to match your vision. Pleks is one of mg favorite Habs, even with thd turtleneck and 90s goatee.
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-07 21:08:25)
This is the first time I have heard/read the name Evan Wardley, but if he is a young thug in training, I approve. While the Habs are a classy organisation, and Laraque and Parros were gentleman-pugilists in the twilight of their careers, what the Habs need is an enormous thug who can fight the other team's thug, and if he can play 4th line and check... That would be great. I hate the staged fights of the Bettman-era NHL, if they're still going to happen, the Habs need an entry-level guy who will do the do.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-30 02:17:31)
Great run by our boys, great About Last Season by the excellent Mr Boone. Thanks to both and HIO faithful for restoring my love of the Habs. Grow Habs Grow!
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 5 – Canadiens win wild one to stay alive (2014-05-27 22:46:00)
Yeah, Zuccarello was messing about with the puck, but you can't hit him? Bull.