habsfan999 - (troy mcgarrigle)Member since April 11, 2013
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Therapy day for Habs’ Markov, Emelin and Subban; Pacioretty named NHL’s third star (2014-04-07 19:28:12)
Check out Pacioretty at number 5. And compare his +/- to Ovechkin. http://www.hockey-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&year_min=2012&year_max=2014&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&birth_country=&franch_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=S&handed=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=goals
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 77 – Playoff preview? Let’s hope not. Lightning win easily (2014-04-01 22:12:00)
Is that Murray saying, you do that to Markhov and that's what you get?
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 16:28:48)
Brierre-Pleks-Gio Pacs-Desharnais-Vanek EGG Prust-White-Moen-Bourque-Weisse Does that not sound like a good team? Get the EGG back together!
- Comment on Habs hit the road on a hot streak; Drewiske clears waivers (2014-03-02 15:29:41)
The CBC should look at firing Bob Cole – on a few occasions last night he slipped up and showed some respect and even admiration for the Habs. And while I’m here… “trade Markhov, trade Eller, trade Desharnais…” remind me not to share a bunker with Habs fans after an apocalypse, they’ll be voting for cannibalism when there’s still rice and beans in the larder.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-02 15:06:15)
The CBC should look at firing Bob Cole - on a few occasions last night he slipped up and showed some respect and even admiration for the Habs. And while I'm here... "trade Markhov, trade Eller, trade Desharnais..." remind me not to share a bunker with Habs fans after an apocalypse, they'll be voting for cannibalism when there's still rice and beans in the larder.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 52 – Canadiens plumb new depths of suckitude in 5-0 loss, fall behind Leafs in standings (2014-01-25 21:34:53)
re: Markov. he hasn't played well the last few games. I believe it is true that he gets tired. Am I naive to suggest not making him play every effin' game? Could we not let one of the kids come up from hamilton every now and then to give him some time off? So we would have one of the leagues best defenceman, that he his when he has his legs? Is there some code about this?
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 52 – Canadiens plumb new depths of suckitude in 5-0 loss, fall behind Leafs in standings (2014-01-25 21:29:18)
For what it's worth, at this point..... The EGG line started the year on fire, three kids on a rebuilding team that is lighting it up. The coach splits up the line. Some weeks ago Markov/Subban were being hailed all over as the best defensive tandem in the NHL. The coach splits them up. Then line juggling to the point where it's pointless to even try to keep track of who is playing with who. How are players supposed to develop a game like that? Bourque game after game doing nothing, but getting the ice time. Bournival, one of the young players who is to be part of 'the future', sitting on the bench. Eller not playing center since....when? Briere, who got dumped for a reason by Philly, logging the minutes, doing nothing, for why? Now it looks like the players are not liking each other. When that happens, it is a lack of leadership from the boss (coach). I don't coach, but I have employees. When shit falls apart, it is my fault. When someone does what Gorges does in the pre-game clip it creates resentment. If the coach was a good leader, that b.s. would not be happening. Just when Pirce was really coming into form, starting to make the highlight reel saves on top of his good positional play.....things fall apart. It's broken. It's time.
- Comment on Struggling Habs return home to face Capitals (2014-01-25 12:13:19)
Agree with you on Gorges, looking back it was Gil that made Gorges seem like a shut-down D-man. Gorges is not playing the way he used to. Disagree on Emelin. He was a force before his injury, and will possibly come back to the same level. He is I think a young and promising player.
- Comment on Struggling Habs return home to face Capitals (2014-01-25 12:09:12)
It is Emelin in the photo. He took a slap shot of the inside of his left leg. Seemed like it might have been his newly-repaired knee but word is that it was his thigh.
- Comment on Struggling Habs return home to face Capitals (2014-01-25 12:07:11)
Pleks is one of the smartest, hardest working, consistent and best two-way players in the league, and one of our leading point getters and best penalty-killers, who will generate even more offence when given talented line-mates. Now, in a trade, who or what in the world could we possibly get that would be better than Pleks? Why does trading Pleks even enter the heads of some habs fans?