habtastic74 - (Matthew)Member since April 9, 2013
Habs fan since: 1995
Favorite current player: Alexei Emelin
All-time favorite player: Jocelyn Thibault
- Comment on Former Habs coach Claude Ruel dies at age 76 (2015-02-09 16:34:20)
- Comment on Devils vs. Canadiens preview (2015-02-07 09:22:12)
Tangradi just seemed like a plug to me the whole time he was called up.
- Comment on Devils vs. Canadiens preview (2015-02-07 09:20:10)
I don't think the lines in the article are in any particular order. To me, the Malhotra line is still 4th with DLR/Sekac. This seems like a promotion for Bournival and demotion to Sekac to me, or it could just be an attempt to do anything that splits Eller and Sekac since they're both in such a rut.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blue Jackets preview: Emelin will be in lineup for Habs (2015-01-14 17:00:14)
I saw a game there once, and I had some of the worst seats in the house. They were only one row away from the furthest row up. They were right behind the road net though which was cool because I got to see my hero, Jocelyn Thibault, playing for the Hawks. Despite the distance and feeling like you're going to fall off a cliff, they were actually good seats. You could see everything very well. It's a really awesome building, so it's a heck of a value regardless of where your ticket is.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: The Carey Price ethos (2015-01-07 17:19:12)
I personally wouldn't do Ovie for Subban.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: The Carey Price ethos (2015-01-07 17:16:23)
He's very smart and fast. He has surprisingly good instincts for a grinder, but having him as a 2nd best RW is not a good thing (not that you're wrong in your assessment). He just doesn't have the hands or the shot to be top 6. He does fine there and doesn't hurt anyone if we need him because of injuries, but he should not be there on any longterm basis.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: The Carey Price ethos (2015-01-07 16:29:48)
So who is your mid-season pick for the Jacques Beauchamp award? In my eyes it has got to be Weise. The guy gives it everything every night. He has played on all lines and never been a detractor to them (although I'm sure there are more skilled options sometimes). He seems to come up big at clutch moments, and he is a ball of energy. At this point at least the only other player I'd give much consideration is surprisingly...Sergei Gonchar...Never thought I'd say that; I was not a fan of the trade when it was announced, but I sure was wrong.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-24 07:36:35)
He seems to have good instincts in my eyes, but he seems shy or unconfident. Rarely does he shoot, and he seems overly inclined to make the safe play in the offensive zone. I think if he manages a goal or two he will gain confidence and start being much more effective.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-24 07:34:35)
I was wrapping gifts and wasn't able to pay full attention during the game, but NYI seemed to be the better team for the whole game until the last 15 mins or so. They were absolutely running us out of the building in the first period though, and it wasn't at all like that during the last 40 mins. The Isles did some to have more jump and urgency pretty much the whole game though. I was disappointed to see us put so little pressure on arguably the league's worst goaltender this year.
- Comment on New Hab Bryan Allen will be in the lineup against Bruins (2014-11-22 12:45:38)