habtastic74 - (Matthew)Member since April 9, 2013
Habs fan since: 1995
Favorite current player: Alexei Emelin
All-time favorite player: Jocelyn Thibault
- Comment on Prust will be game-time decision for Habs in Tampa (with practice video) (2014-04-15 19:21:23)
So, I feel that my life would be more complete with a Habs necktie. It's the only way to profess my undying love for them during the work day. Unfortunately, I have searched the internet far and wide and only found one Canadiens necktie, and it is like a hundred bucks. Anyone happen to have any inside info on where I can find one for a reasonable price? Not living in Canada is probably part of my problem.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-05 10:18:21)
I am also fairly puzzled by the lack of PK on our PK. I understand minimizing his minutes in order to keep him fresh for even strength, but the extent to which he is neglected on the penalty kill is rather insulting I would think. Especially since rookies are routinely inserted into the penalty kill.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-05 10:16:45)
I don't really agree. Markov isn't going to learn many more lessons in his career, and as Chris says below, his issues mainly just come from physical issues rather than mental. To each their own though.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-05 10:04:11)
As a stated, Markov is quite possibly exempt from this largely due to the A on his shoulder.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-05 09:58:02)
Since it's the topic of the morning, I thought I'd provide a thought about Subban/Therrien. When other defenders have made glaring mistakes or had terrible games/weeks, they have found themselves in the press box. Emelin spent time there earlier in the year. Tinordi was there after his gaffe against Columbus. Frankie has spent a lot of time there, and so has Murray. Is it possible that Subban gets benched during games, because unlike some other d-men, he will never be sent to the press box? For example, if Murray makes a bonehead move maybe it is saved and discussed after the game as the reason why he won't be in the lineup for a game or two. Since that won't happen to Subban, perhaps the only solution is benching during a game. Markov and Gorges are largely exempt from the situation since they are veteran leaders of the team. This may all be forbidden "speculation", but I felt like sharing a thought that I had about the PK situation. Who knows if this is what's going on, but I think it should be regarded as a theory.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 75 – Canadiens win a wild one for fourth straight (2014-03-27 19:21:27)
All right, that makes sense. Thanks!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 75 – Canadiens win a wild one for fourth straight (2014-03-27 19:02:52)
So, I get that if 4 teams from each division makes the playoffs, it's 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3. What I don't know is what happens if 5 make it from one division. Anyone wanna know how that would work? Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 17:28:08)
so we could put him straight to Hamilton
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 17:23:59)
I always understood it to mean conditional picks that are termed "future considerations" because they may not happen at all. For example, our trade for Dubnyk could be something like, we get a 7th round pick if he plays a game this year. If not, he was free. I very well could be wrong though.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, gold-medal game: Canada 3, Sweden 0 (2014-02-23 07:47:46)
At least you don't have the nbc guy. The man spent a full 30 seconds apologizing for his voice cracking earlier.