habtastic74 - (Matthew)Member since April 9, 2013
Habs fan since: 1995
Favorite current player: Alexei Emelin
All-time favorite player: Jocelyn Thibault
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 17:28:08)
so we could put him straight to Hamilton
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 17:23:59)
I always understood it to mean conditional picks that are termed "future considerations" because they may not happen at all. For example, our trade for Dubnyk could be something like, we get a 7th round pick if he plays a game this year. If not, he was free. I very well could be wrong though.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, gold-medal game: Canada 3, Sweden 0 (2014-02-23 07:47:46)
At least you don't have the nbc guy. The man spent a full 30 seconds apologizing for his voice cracking earlier.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, gold-medal game: Canada 3, Sweden 0 (2014-02-23 07:46:45)
Man, watching Price play in these Olympics and knowing how weak the east is this year...It's giving me this strange hope that the Habs go big as buyers at the deadline.
- Comment on Dick Irvin the special guest on this week’s HI/O Show (2014-02-06 13:39:03)
Kopitar is from Slovenia, not Slovakia.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 32 – The winning streak ends at five as Kings pot six (2013-12-10 18:41:55)
Wowsers. Them's gotta be the closest poll results I've ever seen on here (or anywhere for that matter).
- Comment on Habs on a roll heading into New Jersey (2013-12-03 18:25:24)
As much as I wish it was that easy, absolutely not.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 28 – Canadiens beat nemesis 3-2 (2013-12-02 16:46:03)
Interesting points. As long as we're winning I wouldn't mess with it. Might be something to look into next time we start slumping though.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 10 – Canadiens pluck Ducks 4-1, end short L streak (2013-10-24 16:57:11)
I answered yes to the poll question. Many times since he left I've thought that he'd be a better fit than whoever we have playing in his vacated spot. He was better than Gomez and would have been cheaper (also would not have cost us McDonaugh). Right now I think he is a much better third line center than DD. I don't know which player between Koivu and DD is a better offensive player overall these days, but at least Koivu is very good defensively. He would be a safe player to have centering some of our wingers that are questionable defensively. Also, nothing against Gionta, but Koivu seemed like the perfect captain for the team during his time in Montreal. Not only would he be a good presence on the third line, but he could still serve as an excellent captain if he had never left. The Habs let Koivu go because they always expected him to be a superstar instead of accepting him for the player he was. We should have kept him back in the day and gradually moved him down the depth chart before letting him retire as our third line center. Hopefully we don't make the same mistake with Plekanec. That's all I have to say about that.
- Comment on Habs call up Blunden, Holland, Beaulieu; Prust out for four weeks (2013-10-21 17:26:12)
They went in order based on the players' jersey numbers. Well, everyone except for Briere. Had it been alphabetical, the first player to receive the torch would have been Bouillion.