silverfox - (Trevor Rowe)Member since March 28, 2013
Habs fan since: 68
Favorite current player: Subban
All-time favorite player: Orr
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens winless in February (2015-02-03 20:38:17)
So when is the right time to play rookies. Everyone talks about developing players but.... When would you play then? Against top teams or when they are fighting for playoff position?
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 14:16:10)
Lot of hyperbole here. People should copy what they wrote and repost it in 40 hours to see if it still rings true. I figured he is worth 64 for 8 but how you get there is a more complicated process than most appreciate.
- Comment on Habs trade Brière to Colorado for Parenteau (2014-06-30 19:10:22)
Seems obvious that Gorges was the leak. Can't see what the teams would have gained. So Gorges was being sooky because he saw himself as a valued leader, which he probably was. But was he fast enough? Does he shoot right? Does he deserve 3.9? No, no, no. Weaver is every bit as good. Sign him for peanuts and then go after an upgrade. Seems to make a lot of sense MB. PA parenteau is good gamble even though Tavares is likely the reason for his really good season. Briere just doesn't fit. The experiment didn't work out so we try a new experiment and get a 5th rounder (15% chance) to boot.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-16 17:32:42)
Don't like signing an ageing declining asset for more than 2 years. Markov has impressed this season but obviously ran out of gas and looked painfully slow at the end. It would only work with reduced minutes. Unless he is top 2 D over full term he is not worth this kind of money. Admittedly he won't be replaced easily but MB could use the money saved to sign a rental as trade deadline looms. This will also free up money to sign Subban and possibly Weaver. I'd also shop Plekanec and Tokarski with a prospect to get back a top 6 winger and a veteran crease clearing defense man if possible.
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern Semifinal Game 5 – Bruins win 4-2, take series lead (2014-05-10 18:59:04)
I hope they don't put Prust on 2nd line. To many turnovers.
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern Semifinal Game 5 – Bruins win 4-2, take series lead (2014-05-10 18:56:23)
I mean Rask
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern Semifinal Game 5 – Bruins win 4-2, take series lead (2014-05-10 18:56:02)
Task looks like a Klingon.
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern Semifinal Game 3: Canadiens win 4-2, take series lead (2014-05-06 17:01:09)
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Habs head to Boston for Game 1 (with practice video) (2014-05-01 14:30:05)
Hudson Hab The point of my post was that if you are looking to add some toughness or edge for this series that it makes more sense to add Moen than Murray. As a coach you can't hide a weak (slow) defenseman like you can use a forward in situations where Moen can have success like in killing penalties.
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Habs head to Boston for Game 1 (with practice video) (2014-04-30 14:23:55)
Why change up defense when you just swept series v TB. I can see moen there to use sparingly. He can kill penalties and provide some toughness.