johnnylarue - (Ted)Member since March 20, 2013
Habs fan since: 1986
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Mario Lemieux (with honourable mention to Guy Carbonneau)
- Comment on Habs coach Therrien happy with his four centres (2014-09-19 21:18:27)
Moreover, is there anyone here who's been to both Hamilton and Stockholm who would care to comment on... how to put this nicely... the, uh, "mating prospects" of one city vs. the other--i.e. from the perspective of a young, male heterosexual athlete? See now, I've been to Stockholm... and with all due respect to Hamilton, I'll end this sentence right about here.
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-30 16:01:53)
You know, in some parts of the world a guy would have his fingers cut off for a post like that...
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-29 15:23:20)
The fact that you were only able to have it once in your life sort of defines its perfection, in a way. I had similar feelings for a bbq chicken place in Lisbon... only in my case I managed to eat there several more times. And it was still perfect, come to think of it. So there goes my theory, I guess!
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-29 15:19:54)
Good point! International copyright laws are a mess. (I guess that's partially why so may bit torrent sites and servers are overseas as well.) Fairly off-topic: a few years ago a bandmate of mine found out a song he'd written was being used in a huge Samsung TV commercial in Korea. He was able to get a "cease and desist" order to have his song removed, but no financial compensation whatsoever. Scruples! ;)
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-29 14:52:16)
Classic case of a sandwich that is far greater than the sum of its parts.
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-29 14:49:48)
Thanks for the invite, Hobie-meister. Pools aren't really my thing, though. (I'm more of a glacier-fed lake kinda guy!)
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-29 14:45:24)
I'm about 1000% sure hockeystreams.com is illegal. And if we're going that route I'd just as soon put up with another random crappy live stream and, well, not pay for it. But one thing's for sure: it seldom pays to have scruples.
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-29 14:37:46)
Well shiram, it's taken years of diligent posting but you've finally managed to enrich my life. Congratulations! ;) I had never heard of a toast sandwich. Edit: the Brits really have this food thing down, eh?
- Comment on Cournoyer speaks about vacant Habs captaincy (2014-08-28 13:21:00)
"Habs Top 25 Under 2.5 Feet"
- Comment on Stubbs is all wet (don’t say it) for ALS research (2014-08-23 16:41:14)
With all due respect to Hamilton, Stockholm is also much, much less ugly. Also can't personally vouch for the quality of mussels and/or pickled herring in Hamilton...