johnnylarue - (Ted)Member since March 20, 2013
Habs fan since: 1986
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Mario Lemieux (with honourable mention to Guy Carbonneau)
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-13 13:47:41)
To put things in perspective, $1.45 million either gets you that, or if you prefer, a bungalow in Vancouver... To put things in even greater perspective, Gionta earns enough to buy three of these per year, cash up front. Where did I go wrong...!?!
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-10 04:39:56)
CJ: Grand Falls is my home town! Hope you enjoyed your stay. I just got back from a week of grilling and ice cold Peroni on a back porch there. Sweet, sweet summertime...
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 15:52:56)
Well, for starters... I guess Laura Dern would be an obvious choice to play Bruce Dern's love interest. For the rest, a random assemblage of gorgeous mega-babes and psychotic middle-aged former beauty queens... (based on Lynch's established track record.)
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 15:48:12)
Guessing... $8 million? (Leafs-bashing sarcasm font required.)
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 15:19:43)
On the topic of "flawlessness" in filmmaking: It's not a favorite of mine, but 'Dallas Buyers Club' strikes me as a film with no obvious weak points--apart from being kinda sorta depressing, I guess. The acting, direction, casting and camera work are all pitch-perfect. And from a Canadian director, no less!
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 15:06:19)
Actually, not dissimilar, Luke--there's the same cognitive dissonance at play in both characters, which both Connery and Heston somehow manage to transcend by way of their larger-than-life on-screen moxie.
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 15:02:18)
Yeah, Jerry probably didn't even realize he was being filmed when that Louie episode was shot.
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 14:56:06)
"You have 30 seconds to comply!"
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 14:55:18)
Touch of Evil is genuinely great, even without the game-changing tracking shot that opens the film. Charlton Heston as a Mexican (with the help of a conspicuous fake tan...) is, uh... very memorable, for lack of a better word.
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 14:50:56)
Agreed. Eraserhead is definitely a classic as well. And while we're at it, the episodes of Twin Peaks (Season 1) he directed were pretty stellar too--especially in the context of airing as a prime time, mainstream American TV show in the late 80s.