alain58 - (Alain Bessette)Member since March 8, 2013
Habs fan since: 1965ish
Favorite current player: Gallagher
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Habs going for fifth straight win against Sabres (2013-12-07 14:06:20)
Because that stategy has been paying off over the last 12 games.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 6 – Canadiens cap road trip with 3-0 win in Winnipeg (2013-10-15 22:16:19)
Only if it is Matt Higgins
- Comment on Price to start against Flames; Pacioretty, Gionta ready to go (2013-10-08 18:00:59)
As for the Diaz-Markov pairing, I don't like that either. However, last game, Therrien had an interesting way to use them: Markov was paired with Subban both on the PP and on the PK, Diaz and Markov playing together at 5 on 5.
- Comment on ‘It’s not a normal game,’ Brière says of facing Flyers; Pacioretty won’t play (2013-10-05 11:40:12)
You are habsolutely right. As a coach, there is only one incentive: win and keep your job. Some gm might lean hard on the coach to help develop some young kids, but at the end of the week, they look at the win and loss columns.
- Comment on Predictions, anyone? (2013-09-30 16:51:08)
Too many analysts can only remember the end of last season and think that the Habs won't be able to win another game. They forget that size doesn't matter during the regular season which is the reason the Habs were 4th in scoring last year in the NHL and finished 2nd in the East. Detroit is overrated for a team that had a hard time to be in the playoff last year. Toronto improved but only slightly - and the Clarkson savior will miss the first 10 games. Ottawa will be better only because they can't be as sick as last year. Boston didn't improve on the contrary. Only two other teams will be in front of Montreal in the Atlantic division and the Habs finish 5th or 6th.
- Comment on Predictions, anyone? (2013-09-30 14:46:12)
Cole, 13 pts in 47 games vs Brière's 16 pts in 34 games. About the same I would say.
- Comment on Predictions, anyone? (2013-09-30 13:56:20)
Totally agree with your assessment frank. Of Boston, Detroit, Ottawa and Toronto, only two will finish ahead of Montreal who will secure one of the top 3 spots in the division. My bet is on Ottawa and Detroit (if Weiss pan out). 5th or 6th in the East. Toronto and Boston will fight it off for the last two wild card spots.
- Comment on Habs to ice strong lineup against Devils Monday night (2013-09-23 13:36:00)
As said previously, Morrow and Parros serve different purpose. However, you could ask the question why we signed Brière at 4 millions a season when we could had saved 2.5 millions for a younger and grittier player. Brière and Morrow are closer to the purpose they would have in the team.
- Comment on Scott Gomez signs one-year deal with Panthers (2013-08-01 13:52:04)
I also left the province in 1990. From what I recall, the Expos were the 2nd loved team in Quebec. I remember as a teenager going in the family car to turn on the radio and listen to the game while the rest of the family was doing camping stuff. A kid riveted to a radio broadcast of a sport is what we call an addiction. Would never though about doing something like that for the Als.
- Comment on Subban and Price invited to pre-Olympic orientation camp (2013-07-25 10:34:56)
Yes, one of the best set-up man in the league with Crosby. He makes all the players around him better with his flair for the puck, his speed and his willingness to go in the danger zone even against big opponents. Yes, that St.Louis.