Garbo - (Garbo Dumpster)Member since March 18, 2008
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player: PK
All-time favorite player: Odelein/ Kovalev
- Comment on Habs’ first-round pick McCarron in better shape this season (2014-09-14 14:42:38)
Basically a green Youppi
- Comment on Bozon at Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-09-13 03:06:55)
Truly one of the best posters on here. Please keep it up.
- Comment on Desharnais hopes to play on line with Gallagher, Pacioretty (2014-09-10 01:03:40)
I think I agree with Damphousse. Brodeur > Budaj, for many reasons other than stats. If Budaj can be moved and Brodeur brought in on the cheap, it's really a win win. He's already conceded he only expects to play 20-25 games. He'll be a great mentor, great leadership, winning pedigree. It's not like losing Budaj matters at all, and Marty won't be worse, or at least not by much. So for the other added benefits, well worth it... if Budaj is moved and Marty signs for a similar amount. Leave Toker on the farm for another year of actual development as opposed to watching from the bench in the big leagues. He can replace Marty/Budaj next year.
- Comment on Martin Brodeur could be a good fit with Habs: Damphousse (2014-09-09 16:06:43)
Who are the "soapbox jumpers" exactly in your scenario? Those who have expressed disgust at this idiot's behaviour and the NFL's complete lack of response to it until it was leaked, and are now demanding action? Do you propose that because she says she's over it, everyone should just be happy with that and move on? There's a reason why many jurisdictions have impleted zero tolerence policies for domestic abuse and will prosecute offenders regardless of the victim's cooperation. Your comment suggests those reasons are completely beyond you.
- Comment on Martin Brodeur would take backup job with Habs if offered (2014-09-06 12:21:50)
Not sure where you would get that impression.
- Comment on Martin Brodeur would take backup job with Habs if offered (2014-09-05 11:34:26)
You will miss about 50% of the games unless you subsribe to Center Ice.
- Comment on New TV package aimed at Habs fans across country (2014-09-04 00:45:36)
Unfortunately, I think that's most big businesses.
- Comment on New TV package aimed at Habs fans across country (2014-09-04 00:27:23)
What a useless article that provides absolutely zero helpful information. This sounds like the GameCenter deal many were discussing earlier in the day (i.e. NOT available on TV as the article suggests only on a computer).
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-03 11:34:35)
That should silence most of the critics. It is actually cheaper now than paying $5-7 per month for RDS and you get way more games, in English! If only I had Bell. EDIT: same deal from my subscriber, Telus - must be across the board. http://www.telus.com/content/tv/optik/programming/nhl-centre-ice.jsp FURTHER EDIT: didn't read the fine print! That was the price for only the last half of last season, for Telus anyway.
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-03 00:30:14)
Looks like the gravy train has ended for us Habs fans outside of Quebec. I have been paying $5 a month for years for RDS and have been able to watch every single game. I don't have a problem paying for access to the Habs now since we have been fortunate enough to exploit a loophole in the system for this long based on the French language. I don't quite understand all the entitlement expressed by many on here and find it quite funny that people are relying on the French language issue as a crutch to try and justify continued preferential treatment. Sadly we have to pay like everyone else now. Anyway, enough ranting, I do have a purpose. Do those who subscribe to Center Ice and are located outside of Quebec also experience blackouts during the games? Before subscribing I would like to confirm. There seems to be conflicting information on here about this issue. I am in Vancouver.