Body_of_Price_Repels_You - (Owen Parfrey)Member since March 1, 2013
Habs fan since: Alive
Favorite current player: Pacioretty
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on It’s official: Habs vs. Bruins in 2016 Winter Classic (2015-01-25 13:55:41)
Lundqvist had made public comments on planning not to go to Columbus so he could spend time with his family so that was (likely) why he wasn't selected. I suspect PK or the Habs organization may have made a similar statement to selectors because that is really the only logical reason as to why he wasn't picked, in my mind at least.
- Comment on Who will be the Habs’ first-round pick? (with Trevor Timmins audio) (2014-06-27 11:34:22)
Would anyone take #39 and #49 overall from Buffalo in exchange for the # 26 overall? Buffalo has three second round picks in this draft (#31, #39, #49). Obviously I would prefer #31 and #39 but I doubt Buffalo would do that. I think it's a good idea for them to trade down a few spots to get and extra pick in what is being deemed a "volatile" or "balanced" pool. I'd like to see them take Ho-Sang (if available) with one of those picks and then the best player available.
- Comment on Price among Habs not making trip to Chicago (with video) (2014-04-09 07:50:29)
You are actually incorrect re: grammar. They are apparently named after the WWI regiment the Maple Leaf Regiment. Being a proper noun, you would not change the Maple Leaf to Maple Leaves. IE: Ryan Leaf and his family are coming to dinner. The Leafs are coming to dinner. Stolen information from a Down Goes Brown article
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-02 10:02:42)
Not to mention that both were soft calls, what I thought were undeserved penalties. No way those two, plus Emelin's "tripping" call get made in the playoffs.
- Comment on Habs’ Prust out for rest of regular season; Galchenyuk moves to centre (2014-03-21 13:56:09)
He'll be 52/82 by the end of the year. He's missed about 30% of the games over the past 2 seasons. I'm hoping it's just a down year but he has looked injury plagued, even when playing, over the last two seasons.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 70 – Vanek arrives, scores three to bury Avalanche (2014-03-18 21:00:38)
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 70 – Vanek arrives, scores three to bury Avalanche (2014-03-18 20:58:15)
This the kind of fourth line you want for the playoffs
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 70 – Vanek arrives, scores three to bury Avalanche (2014-03-18 20:50:00)
Bouillion left the front again
- Comment on No morning skate before Habs face Penguins; White out with flu (2014-02-27 14:42:46)
We have a full 4th line out. Bournival - White - Prust. Not that frustrating to me that we'd use Parros instead of calling up a young gun to get no time and just get sent back down a day later.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-02-27 07:31:48)
I would guess that they are looking at Tyler Seguin as an example. 3 seasons in Boston playing on the wing and now he's a star. Nathan MacKinnon is playing RW for the Avalanche. It's not unprecedented especially when you have "depth" (or a logjam) at center. Plekanec is not moving to the wing, neither is DD. They tried Eller but he was useless. There's plenty of time for Galchenyuk and it seems like it was their plan to keep playing him on the wing this season. Unfortunately, the logjam at Center continues next season. I don't really want to move Eller unless he's involved in a dealfor a top 6 winger like one of E. Kane, Ladd, or Wheeler from Winnipeg